The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Skate Jersey Petition For Qualifying Round/Playoffs

Rate this topic

djheer

9 hours ago, morgo said:

The most historical, winning-est team in the league represents their team name-sake in the EXACT same manner.  'C' for Canucks, 'C' for Canadiens.  Ours is actually better because it also represents our region by including an animal native to it in an art style exclusive to the West Coast.  Management has no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon so if you hate it that much, maybe you should consider cheering for a different team. 

Orca forever, Johnny never.

A logo does NOT have to represent the region. If it doesn't represent the team name, then it's a lot better for it to represent the sport, at least. Which is why the Canadiens' CH is much better than the Orca. Does a team like the Rangers have an animal in their identity that represents NYC/NYS? No, of course not. And to tell someone who has been a fan from Day One to go and cheer for another team because he despises the current primary crest for obvious reasons like myself and the majority of Canucks fans(which go far beyond CDC), is highly low-class and very disrespectful.

Edited by Tiger-Hearted
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

Won't be signing. I don't think either jersey is perfect but the last thing we need is more jersey controversy.

9 hours ago, morgo said:

if you hate it that much, maybe you should consider cheering for a different team. 

We're not all as eager to jump on a rival's bandwagon.

Edited by Bitter Melon

37 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

A logo does NOT have to represent the region.

It doesn't have to, it's a nice bonus.

If it doesn't represent the team name, then it's a lot better for it to represent the sport, at least. Which is why the Canadiens' CH is much better than the Orca.

Again, C stands for Canucks.  Just like C stands for Canadiens, just like B stands for Bruins, etc, etc ,etc...  The Canadiens logo is better just because it has an "H" wedged in it for "hockey?"  That's hilarious :lol:.

And to tell someone who has been a fan from Day One to go and cheer for another team because he despises the current primary crest for obvious reasons like myself and the majority of Canucks fans(which go far beyond CDC), is highly low-class and very disrespectful.

Anyone who would cheer against the Canucks in the 2011 final because they're butthurt over a logo is no fan.  You going to cheer against Bo, Brock and Petey if they're wearing the Orca in their next finals appearance?  Because management has made it clear that the Orca's going nowhere.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, morgo said:

It doesn't have to, it's a nice bonus.

Again, C stands for Canucks.  Just like C stands for Canadiens, just like B stands for Bruins, etc, etc ,etc...  The Canadiens logo is better just because it has an "H" wedged in it for "hockey?"  That's hilarious :lol:.

Anyone who would cheer against the Canucks in the 2011 final because they're butthurt over a logo is no fan.  You going to cheer against Bo, Brock and Petey if they're wearing the Orca in their next finals appearance?  Because management has made it clear that the Orca's going nowhere.

Look up the meaning of the Bruins logo, it’s not as simple a a B for Boston. I could form a used condom into a C, at least that represents someone finishing something they started. Not sure where you get I’d cheer for another team over a logo, I wouldn’t but I do have the right the hate it.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, morgo said:

A true fan would defend his teams logo no matter what it was.

Why don't you tell that to Buffalo Sabres fans who wanted the "Banana Slug" gone? Or NY Islanders fans who didn't want "Captain Highliner"??

And just for your information, buddy, we live in Canada, a democracy. One can dislike the prime minister and still be patriotic.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Look up the meaning of the Bruins logo, it’s not as simple a a B for Boston.

Yeah it's a 'B' on a spoke to show Boston as "The Hub of the Universe"  A letter to represent the namesake with added imagery to represent the region.  Exactly what the Canucks do with the Orca.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, morgo said:

Yeah it's a 'B' on a spoke to show Boston as "The Hub of the Universe"  A letter to represent the namesake with added imagery to represent the region.  Exactly what the Canucks do with the Orca.

Orca does not represent Vancouver, it represents a corporation, 

The official mammal of BC is the spirit bear. Killer whale can be found pretty much anywhere and are actually more common in colder waters than Vancouver has. In fact there are only 75 killer whales in or around Vancouver.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Orca does not represent Vancouver, it represents a corporation, 

The official mammal of BC is the spirit bear. Killer whale can be found pretty much anywhere and are actually more common in colder waters than Vancouver has. In fact there are only 75 killer whales in or around Vancouver.

There is atleast 5-6 walking around my neighborhood

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, morgo said:

A true fan would defend his teams logo no matter what it was.

Absolutely ridiculous. Just because you're a true fan doesn't mean you blindly applaud everything the team does. Johnny Canuck is still a trademarked logo the team uses in certain applications therefore you mustn't be a true fan since you were attacking it.

Also I'd argue you're not a "true fan" if you jump on a team's historic rivals bandwagon at the opportunity.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bitter Melon said:

Absolutely ridiculous. Just because you're a true fan doesn't mean you blindly applaud everything the team does. Johnny Canuck is still a trademarked logo the team uses in certain applications therefore you mustn't be a true fan since you were attacking it.

I'd still cheer for the team if they used Johnny Canuck, Stick & Rink, the Skate or even the Flying V.  Big difference from someone who cheers against them in the final because he doesn't like a logo...

Also I'd argue you're not a "true fan" if you jump on a team's historic rivals bandwagon at the opportunity.

I cheered for the Flames in 2004.  They were a scrappy, likeable underdog and the Canucks were already eliminated.  Big deal.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, morgo said:

I cheered for the Flames in 2004.  They were a scrappy, likeable underdog and the Canucks were already eliminated.  Big deal.

And last year. Its alright to not be ride or die for a single team, but don't tell other people they aren't true fans when you'll readily cheer for a team's rival.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bitter Melon said:

And last year. Its alright to not be ride or die for a single team, but don't tell other people they aren't true fans when you'll readily cheer for a team's rival.

I didn't bandwagon on the Flames last year, their current team isn't remotely likeable.  Tiger Hearted is not a true fan because he cheered against his team in the 2011 finals for having a logo he doesn't like and is actively hoping the current iteration of the team fails for the same reason.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, morgo said:

I didn't bandwagon on the Flames last year, their current team isn't remotely likeable.  Tiger Hearted is not a true fan because he cheered against his team in the 2011 finals for having a logo he doesn't like and is actively hoping the current iteration of the team fails for the same reason.

Been a passionate fan a lot longer than you, my friend. The 4-game sweep by the Islanders in '82 felt like a death in the family even though the Canucks were a Cinderella team and the Islanders were the powerhouse defending Cup champions. Very heartbroken after the Game 7 loss to the Flames in '89(I cried after the game for Stan Smyl who is my all-time favourite Canuck after he missed scoring on that breakaway vs Mike Vernon in OT) and after the Game 7 loss to  the Rangers in '94.

The Orca has NO business being on the Canucks' identity and therefore, should not be a Stanley Cup-winning crest. I'm a Vancouver Canucks fan and I demand a crest that represents the Vancouver Canucks hockey club in both rebuilding times and contending times, not a logo that represents the former ownership from Seattle nor so-called social activists, environmentalists and animal lovers.

Either grow the heck up or maybe you should be a Calgary fan because you love to "Flame" those who don't share your opinions and views.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

On 7/1/2020 at 10:51 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

I’d prefer the Flying V non logo uniform to the orca, I have been a fan since day one and the orca represents nothing I love about my team, it’s a horrible, horrible logo.

I've also been a fan since day one. So what? I love the Orca as it represents where the team plays and forms a C for Canucks. It's a great logo for that reason.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1