Sign in to follow this  
djheer

Skate Jersey Petition For Qualifying Round/Playoffs

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, morgo said:

GfgVlkS.png

Don’t be ridiculous.  What 100 people voted on this poll?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2020 at 11:43 PM, Baggins said:

Hey we all have preferences. Some even like that hideous Flying V. It really doesn't matter what the uni and logo is there will always be those that want something else. The logo will be in ongoing dispute. But what gets me is the intentional stupidity regarding the Orca logo. A whale isn't a Canuck (neither is a stick in rink), Orca's have nothing to do with Vancouver. It's making up lame excuses I have absolutely no respect for. I can respect "I don't like the look and would prefer xxx. I don't expect everybody to love the Orca logo as we all have different taste. But anybody believing changing will stop the logo arguments are just kidding themselves. 

 

One thing I can say about the skate uni is once they dumped the yellow for white I could tolerate it. Hated the SIR, and V. But once the Orca came, for me knowing the Orca history here, I thought they got it right. Very Vancouver. When they changed to the original colors I felt they perfected it. The Orca is the only Canucks jersey I've bought since they joined the league. Prior to that I would only buy hats and t-shirts with Vancouver Canucks or just Canucks written on them. Othe rthan that I had a Bobby Orr jersey (black), Mike Bossy (blue), and an Yzerman (white).  

The V is wasn’t so bad ... but yeah it wasn’t great either...but I suppose if we won a cup with it then it would be a lot better.    For me it took a long time to tolerate the Orca - past the WCE era those ones were worse then the V.   The league in general had some of the worst uniforms ever at that point in history with everyone going black...Dallas, Sabres buffoloslug, the NYI fisherman ... it was ugly - look at the Oilers logo and how they ruined a perfectly great uniform.  Why would the flames go from red to black?  It was ridiculous to the point it became hard to even know who was who depending on what teams were playing at the time.     
 

The best uniforms with the Orca haven’t been made yet IMO.   This years was disappointing- mostly with the green stripes as what are they for?  Final losses?  Are we a military team now?  Don’t get it.   The retro stick in rink are by far the best thing they’ve managed.  Anyways it’s all good.  The Orca won’t be going anywhere- I can live with it - but also felt the team looked way better in the black skate uniforms then anything we’ve had say since the black skate uniforms.  And I’d actually be scared if we changed it again it could be something even worse.

 

Edit:  The only skate jersey I didn’t like were the third red ones ... seemed pointless other then a cash grab.   Baggins made some quotes above - but how about finding the quotes about Quin stopping Orca entertainment from changing the name and about their plans to move the team to Seattle / those quotes were purely PR crap. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 12:02 AM, Dumb Nuck said:

It’s still a red wing first and foremost. I’m not saying all logos are good, just ours is the worst, 

 

I almost started a poll on to rank the nhl logos but it would be tough to get impartial results.

It wouldn’t be impartial - that said don’t worry Dumb Nuck, as far as rankings go the Orca gained a little traction going to the final but still ranks near the bottom when impartial parties do those sort of things - a few times near or at dead last since it’s inception.  Suppose it fuels  the everyone hates us but we don’t care (but care enough to even say that which is ironic) crowd.    Curiously the Blackhawks logo is near the top (SJ is the usual winner) - but suppose at some point after the Red Skins and Eskimos are forced to change their name due to popular opinion that they could be up next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Do some research.   Fans like the Skate - Original - Orca in that order.  So do the players - non- fans and the experts for the most part the Orca uniforms are actually fighting with the V for last spot.   I don’t care how many CDCers are posting on this thread - proper polls have shown this for years.  Bieksa said that he and his teammates asked to wear them for years ... I don’t disagree that blue and green are better colours - but you could take 50% of the leagues uniforms and also say the same thing.  It just works.  It was awesome - and Horvat never looked better wearing it same with the rest of the team (and were excited to do so).  Can’t believe I’m even debating this with someone who was a fan since 94.   You liked the Orca when it came?  Not many people I know - virtually nobody did. 

110% correct. Been a passionate Canucks fan for 40 years. Back in '97, I hated to see the Flying Canucks Skate go but I would've been very happy with a recoloured blue(royal or navy) and green version. Returning to the classic '70 Stick in Rink would have been great. I was also very open to having Johnny Canuck or an updated version of it and I was only less than a year old when the Canucks completed their WHL era. I was furious when they settled for the Orca Bay-inspired logo. Nothing to do with the Canucks' name, heritage, history and hockey.

46 minutes ago, morgo said:

GfgVlkS.png

IBatch KNOWS what he's talking about:

 

 

20200707_130733.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-195836_Facebook.jpg

20200707_130439.jpg

20200707_130519.jpg

20200707_130335.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-111925_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-111905_Samsung Internet.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

110% correct. Been a passionate Canucks fan for 40 years. Back in '97, I hated to see the Flying Canucks Skate go but I would've been very happy with a recoloured blue(royal or navy) and green version. Returning to the classic '70 Stick in Rink would have been great. I was also very open to having Johnny Canuck or an updated version of it and I was only less than a year old when the Canucks completed their WHL era. I was furious when they settled for the Orca Bay-inspired logo. Nothing to do with the Canucks' name, heritage, history and hockey.

IBatch KNOWS what he's talking about:

 

 

20200707_130733.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-195836_Facebook.jpg

20200707_130439.jpg

20200707_130519.jpg

20200707_130335.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-111925_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-111905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for the support.  Sure maybe there are only three or four of us brave enough to go against the age group we are mostly talking going against - but yeah in any real poll the Orca still isn’t the popular vote.  It’s like having Trump for President but in this case Trump only had 14.7% of the votes .

 

Edit:  Would also bet that the further you get away from Vancouver that the higher the voting would go towards the black skate jersey.    All of BC fell in love with the Linden teams - it was infectious starting in 89 vs Calgary and gained steam as it went.   First time in a decade we were relevant.   And the logo might have changed but the colours didn’t.    It works.  Why does Boston have their colours?  Or PHI?  Makes zero sense - or the Pens...there is no reason at all to have to go and make your colours represent the area - otherwise 3/4 of the entire league would be blue-green and white - just saying. Including Boston, and PHI...PIT too - Pennsylvania is entirely covered in forest with lakes and rivers all over too...

 

 

14.7-16% seem to be the bracket who would prefer to stay with the Orca.   Thought it might be higher but not surprised given that we’ll just look at the two side by side - which one screams the Canucks the loudest.  I hope Linden does an autobiography sometime.   I really truly do. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Thanks for the support.  Sure maybe there are only three or four of us brave enough to go against the age group we are mostly talking going against - but yeah in any real poll the Orca still isn’t the popular vote.  It’s like having Trump for President but in this case Trump only had 14.7% of the votes ...

You're more than welcome. The truth is the TRUTH. There are a select few who are Generation Xers and even Baby Boomers, who do support the Orca....especially social activists, environmentalists and people who love First Nations art(Baggins) which is what the Orca doesn't even come close to being.

 

Back in January, I designed a recoloured Skate without the use of computer graphics. Because of the very strong popularity of the Skate but with the importance of keeping our original/current Vancouver, BC colours, I felt why not combine the two?? I even included a hockey stick as a tribute to the classic Stick in Rink and to the game of hockey as semi bordering of the "CANUCKS" wordmark. I have the Skate level to avoid "downhill" criticism and removed the thin lines in the background for a cleaner look, much like the Stick in Rink.

 

A good strong logo not only represents the team name and/or sport, it unites a fan base. In the case of the Canucks, it would unite, at least, 70% of the fan base. A logo that doesn't represent the team name and/or sport but only caters to a specific age range and demographic does nothing but divide the fan base. That's a bad logo.

20200108_133922.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

You're more than welcome. The truth is the TRUTH. There are a select few who are Generation Xers and even Baby Boomers, who do support the Orca....especially social activists, environmentalists and people who love First Nations art(Baggins) which is what the Orca doesn't even come close to being.

 

Back in January, I designed a recoloured Skate without the use of computer graphics. Because of the very strong popularity of the Skate but with the importance of keeping our original/current Vancouver, BC colours, I felt why not combine the two?? I even included a hockey stick as a tribute to the classic Stick in Rink and to the game of hockey as semi bordering of the "CANUCKS" wordmark. I have the Skate level to avoid "downhill" criticism and removed the thin lines in the background for a cleaner look, much like the Stick in Rink.

 

A good strong logo not only represents the team name and/or sport, it unites a fan base. In the case of the Canucks, it would unite, at least, 70% of the fan base. A logo that doesn't represent the team name and/or sport but only caters to a specific age range and demographic does nothing but divide the fan base. That's a bad logo.

20200108_133922.jpg

That’s a great looking logo.   Well done.!! Maybe we should get a room ha ha.  I’m not as opposed of the current logo as you are - but used to be ... that logo should be on our jersey but likely never will despite popular opinion still not in favour of it (orca).   My uncle did native art - he was actually quite the artist...should have asked him to make it - think we might have been better off going the SJ route...Orcas kill and eat great whites livers after all - tried a little too and failed IMO - no C required- that said I’d probably still have hated it.
 

SJ wins the best as far as experts go for top fifty.   The hardest part for the judges is deciding which one to go with as number one.  Too bad we didn’t have the same problem - but at least the skate makes the cut.    Worst uniforms ever?  The first Orca uni’s are often in the discussion ... thanks to NYI we don’t finish last though ... the Buffoloslug and terrible EDM logo change also get honourable mentions - same with our infamous Vs...like I said earlier the worst Vancouver uniforms start with the Vs and end with the Orca unfortunately...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

 

20200108_133922.jpg

That looks like it was finger-painted by a 5 year old...  Anyone who seriously thinks that is a better logo than the Orca should visit an ophthalmologist...

In the end though, the only opinion that really matters is managements and they're not getting rid of the Orca or the current jerseys.  So have fun cheering against your team for the next 10 years.  And have fun with your worthless petition because once the 50th anniversary season is over, we will have seen the last of the Skate until the next anniversary season...  If it even comes back then.

I'm going to continue to support my team as they dress in the best uniforms they've ever had :wub:.  Later...

RjbZm5F.jpg

 

Edited by morgo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, morgo said:

That looks like it was finger-painted by a 5 year old...  Anyone who seriously thinks that is a better logo than the Orca should visit an ophthalmologist...

In the end though, the only opinion that really matters is managements and they're not getting rid of the Orca or the current jerseys.  So have fun cheering against your team for the next 10 years.  And have fun with your worthless petition because once the 50th anniversary season is over, we will have seen the last of the Skate until the next anniversary season...  If it even comes back then.

I'm going to continue to support my team as they dress in the best uniforms they've ever had :wub:.  Later...

RjbZm5F.jpg

 

Ok that’s crossing a line.  I’m trying to be nice here and educate you a little in the fact that there is a significant (majority) of the fan base that prefers the old uniforms.   Don’t make fun of a fan who’s spent the time to try and make the blend things that would maybe fit that majority - like to see what you could come up with ... 

 

Edit:  saying those who don’t like the Orca - or like myself prefer the older uniformed  has nothing to do about cheering for the team.   You say you’ve been cheering from them since 94... well good for you.   You happen to be in the minority that found the next version as an improvement- including the actual guys that played on the team.  Did Bieksa not pour his heart and soul into the team?  Yet he wished he and his mates could had the chance (and they asked too) to play in the skate uni’s.   I get it your pissed that you posted false data and are protective of the Orca.   Don’t let the eat the egg as it slips down your face.   Most fans ( the majority) prefer the older uniforms and probably will for the next 10-20 years unless we win a cup, maybe even then still prefer it.   Because it’s better. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orca logo > Skate logo

 

Skate colours > Orca colours

 

The black, yellow and red looks so frickin’ good. But I really dig the Orca logo, I’m First Nations so maybe I’m bias. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

You're more than welcome. The truth is the TRUTH. There are a select few who are Generation Xers and even Baby Boomers, who do support the Orca....especially social activists, environmentalists and people who love First Nations art(Baggins) which is what the Orca doesn't even come close to being.

 

Back in January, I designed a recoloured Skate without the use of computer graphics. Because of the very strong popularity of the Skate but with the importance of keeping our original/current Vancouver, BC colours, I felt why not combine the two?? I even included a hockey stick as a tribute to the classic Stick in Rink and to the game of hockey as semi bordering of the "CANUCKS" wordmark. I have the Skate level to avoid "downhill" criticism and removed the thin lines in the background for a cleaner look, much like the Stick in Rink.

 

A good strong logo not only represents the team name and/or sport, it unites a fan base. In the case of the Canucks, it would unite, at least, 70% of the fan base. A logo that doesn't represent the team name and/or sport but only caters to a specific age range and demographic does nothing but divide the fan base. That's a bad logo.

20200108_133922.jpg

You're kidding yourself if you think any logo will unite the fanbase. Everybody has their favorite and there's a small percentage that simply want something completely different. It comes down to change for the sake of change because the debate over the logo will just continue with those disliking whatever the logo currently is making the most noise.

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ok that’s crossing a line.  I’m trying to be nice here and educate you a little in the fact that there is a significant (majority) of the fan base that prefers the old uniforms.   Don’t make fun of a fan who’s spent the time to try and make the blend things that would maybe fit that majority - like to see what you could come up with ... 

 

Edit:  saying those who don’t like the Orca - or like myself prefer the older uniformed  has nothing to do about cheering for the team.   You say you’ve been cheering from them since 94... well good for you.   You happen to be in the minority that found the next version as an improvement- including the actual guys that played on the team.  Did Bieksa not pour his heart and soul into the team?  Yet he wished he and his mates could had the chance (and they asked too) to play in the skate uni’s.   I get it your pissed that you posted false data and are protective of the Orca.   Don’t let the eat the egg as it slips down your face.   Most fans ( the majority) prefer the older uniforms and probably will for the next 10-20 years unless we win a cup, maybe even then still prefer it.   Because it’s better. 

There's another reason to hate or strongly dislike the Orca. Besides the Orca Bay corporate influence and the misrepresentation of the Canucks' name, heritage and history, the hostile arrogance, dismissiveness and snobbishness of Orca supporters is absolutely nauseating to no end. I grew up with the Flying V/Skate. I loved the uniqueness of the bold colours while proudly displaying the CANUCKS name in the crest. Even former owner, Arthur Griffiths loved the Skate for those very reasons. However, I always respected the hockey knowledge and passion of Canucks fans who grew up with and loved Johnny Canuck from the WHL days and the original Stick in Rink. That's how I grew to truly appreciate those two logos and I, proudly, grew up with  the Flying V/Skate.

 

The majority of Johnny Canuck, original Stick in Rink and the Skate supporters will support any other Canucks hockey logo over the Orca. It's the majority of Orca supporters whom I find extremely abrasive, arrogant, bullying, closed-minded, conceited, dismissive and snobby. There are reasons why many Canucks fans are hated throughout the NHL, especially in Canada and the attitude of most Orca-supporting Canucks fans explains it.

Edited by Tiger-Hearted
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Thanks for the support.  Sure maybe there are only three or four of us brave enough to go against the age group we are mostly talking going against - but yeah in any real poll the Orca still isn’t the popular vote.  It’s like having Trump for President but in this case Trump only had 14.7% of the votes .

 

Edit:  Would also bet that the further you get away from Vancouver that the higher the voting would go towards the black skate jersey.    All of BC fell in love with the Linden teams - it was infectious starting in 89 vs Calgary and gained steam as it went.   First time in a decade we were relevant.   And the logo might have changed but the colours didn’t.    It works.  Why does Boston have their colours?  Or PHI?  Makes zero sense - or the Pens...there is no reason at all to have to go and make your colours represent the area - otherwise 3/4 of the entire league would be blue-green and white - just saying. Including Boston, and PHI...PIT too - Pennsylvania is entirely covered in forest with lakes and rivers all over too...

 

 

14.7-16% seem to be the bracket who would prefer to stay with the Orca.   Thought it might be higher but not surprised given that we’ll just look at the two side by side - which one screams the Canucks the loudest.  I hope Linden does an autobiography sometime.   I really truly do. 

The only problem there IBatch is online surveys, particularly through social media, are primarily the under 40 crowd. Very, very few of my friends and family have bothered with twitter and such. As a matter of fact my sister didn't even bother with facebook until she moved from the lower mainland to Princeton (imagine buying a farm at 72). Even my kids (over 40) aren't on anything but facebook. I don't even bother with a data plan on my phone. No apps nothing. It's just a phone that takes pictures to me. Honestly, just look at the small number of votes on those polls. It certainly wouldn't represent the fanbase overall, particularly one on twitter, considering how many Canuck fans are in the province.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

You're kidding yourself if you think any logo will unite the fanbase. Everybody has their favorite and there's a small percentage that simply want something completely different. It comes down to change for the sake of change because the debate over the logo will just continue with those disliking whatever the logo currently is making the most 

That’s true.  It’s going to take a few decades and or a few cups for folks to unite around it just to get to the majority .  That said the majority of fans want it back full-time, and a larger portion want it as the third jersey as those that want to keep it the way it is.   From a business perspective management has a lot of work to do to brand the Orca into a permanent logo in the fans pysche.   Corporations can do this but from a small business perspective it’s a deathwish if you don’t listen to your customers like the Canucks have definitely done.    Buffalo got rid of the buffoloslug (why would they ever mess with such a great logo?) Edmonton dropped their strange gear thing - NYI same with fisherboy - same with another dozen or so teams that went all-blacks in the late 90’s early 2000’s.   The Canucks continued to go against the grain but at least went back to their roots colour wise, if they didn’t I’m sure the Orca would have been short lived.  The Sedins made new fans ... and EP and crew will too.   Their plan is ageist one that they are waiting for us older fans to die out ... and or win a cup.  That’s what it will take to unite us ...  get that changing all the time is a poor long term strategy.    They should have just let well enough alone and this wouldn’t even be a topic.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Baggins said:

The only problem there IBatch is online surveys, particularly through social media, are primarily the under 40 crowd. Very, very few of my friends and family have bothered with twitter and such. As a matter of fact my sister didn't even bother with facebook until she moved from the lower mainland to Princeton (imagine buying a farm at 72). Even my kids (over 40) aren't on anything but facebook. I don't even bother with a data plan on my phone. No apps nothing. It's just a phone that takes pictures to me. Honestly, just look at the small number of votes on those polls. It certainly wouldn't represent the fanbase overall, particularly one on twitter, considering how many Canuck fans are in the province.

Hey on that we are pretty much the same.   I agree a lot of people I know don’t even know I’m on this site daily pretty much... and I’ve never done twitter or even looked at it past the screen shots I see on here and maybe NHL.com.    My kids do Instagram and think Facebook is for middle age housewife’s ha ha.   I like the convenience of cellphones but am not convinced they are even necessary at all.   Did fine without one running a construction business through an office ... in fact it made me lazier and less organized once I did get one as things were that much easier (but not necessarily better)...  Baggins nice chatting - I am going to add that there is definitely a lot of grey between which is considered better ... maybe an older fan would vote for the Orca but just barely and vice versa.   I love all the teams and almost all players ... what they wear are definitely secondary to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hey on that we are pretty much the same.   I agree a lot of people I know don’t even know I’m on this site daily pretty much... and I’ve never done twitter or even looked at it past the screen shots I see on here and maybe NHL.com.    My kids do Instagram and think Facebook is for middle age housewife’s ha ha.   I like the convenience of cellphones but am not convinced they are even necessary at all.   Did fine without one running a construction business through an office ... in fact it made me lazier and less organized once I did get one as things were that much easier (but not necessarily better)...  Baggins nice chatting - I am going to add that there is definitely a lot of grey between which is considered better ... maybe an older fan would vote for the Orca but just barely and vice versa.   I love all the teams and almost all players ... what they wear are definitely secondary to that. 

Hey, hating the Stick in Rink and the V didn't stop me from cheering for the team or going to games at all. It just meant I wouldn't buy the jersey. I'll only buy what I like. lol

 

Many years ago I went to Whistler to help open a hotel and committed to being there for a year. I stayed in staff accom which didn't have phone lines. Getting a cell phone was cheaper than having a phoneline installed. Have gone with a cell phone since and not bothered with a home line. But I drive people crazy as I often don't take it with me when I go out. lol

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 4:01 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

Orca does not represent Vancouver, it represents a corporation, 

The official mammal of BC is the spirit bear. Killer whale can be found pretty much anywhere and are actually more common in colder waters than Vancouver has. In fact there are only 75 killer whales in or around Vancouver.

I saw one in front of my house just last month. Real close. Hung out for a few days. I told it to bugger off as I like the group of loud mouth sea lions that hang out across the bay on the log booms. I live mid-island. Last year I lived DT Van. We had Orcas visit the big city a few times.

 

That said, I love the black skate jerseys. I'd like them as a 3rd.

 

One thing important to me is never ever ever having the hipster logger pilot as our main logo. God awful, running in skates cartoon logo. Just terrible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IBatch said:

I’m trying to be nice here and educate you a little in the fact that there is a significant (majority) of the fan base that prefers the old uniforms.  

You and Tiger Hearted haven't proven anything.  He links to a few polls on Social Media and that's supposed to be the gospel...  I posted a poll too where both Orca's in the current scheme beat the Skate.  Polls don't mean $#%&.  All the major Graphic Design Blogs, from 'Icethetics' to 'Hockey By Design' point to the current jersey set as the pinnacle of the Canucks aesthetic.  The Skate jersey doesn't even come in 2nd.

42sHg5z.pngA6a4Eih.png
 

Quote

Don’t make fun of a fan who’s spent the time to try and make the blend things that would maybe fit that majority - like to see what you could come up with ...

I've seen the skate logo in blue and green countless times before he posted what he did, and it has never looked remotely good.  The logo simply sucks and if it weren't for the nostalgic memories attached to the 1994 run, no one would be advocating for its return.  I could very easily top a re-coloured version of a bad logo but there's no reason to because the Canucks are currently one of the best looking teams in the league.  There is absolutely nothing I would change about their main jerseys.
 

4 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I grew up with the Flying V/Skate. I loved the uniqueness of the bold colours while proudly displaying the CANUCKS name in the crest. Even former owner, Arthur Griffiths loved the Skate for those very reasons

There's a reason why the Flying V consistently tops lists of bad NHL jerseys.  It's one of, if not the most garish jerseys to ever represent a professional sports team.
 

Quote

Misrepresentation of the Canucks' name, heritage and history

The Canucks heritage and history is absolutely represented in the current jerseys, you just won't acknowledge it because of your blind dislike for the Orca.  They are using their original colour scheme and a striping configuration based off their second ever uniform set.  They also feature their first ever logo (albeit updated) as a shoulder patch.  How about instead of clicking "confused" you explain to me how that is a misrepresentation of their history.
 

Quote

The majority of Johnny Canuck, original Stick in Rink and the Skate supporters will support any other Canucks hockey logo over the Orca.

All three of you? :lol:
 

Quote


It's the majority of Orca supporters whom I find extremely abrasive, arrogant, bullying, closed-minded, conceited, dismissive and snobby. There are reasons why many Canucks fans are hated throughout the NHL, especially in Canada and the attitude of most Orca-supporting Canucks fans explains it.

The lack of self awareness in this post is hilarious.  Every word you've used to describe Orca supporters is how I'd describe proponents of Johnny Canuck...

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was on the Free Willy bandwagon, only problem, I thought they were trying to get rid of the orca, I was so disappointed when it worked and the orca remained.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

There's another reason to hate or strongly dislike the Orca. Besides the Orca Bay corporate influence and the misrepresentation of the Canucks' name, heritage and history, the hostile arrogance, dismissiveness and snobbishness of Orca supporters is absolutely nauseating to no end. I grew up with the Flying V/Skate. I loved the uniqueness of the bold colours while proudly displaying the CANUCKS name in the crest. Even former owner, Arthur Griffiths loved the Skate for those very reasons. However, I always respected the hockey knowledge and passion of Canucks fans who grew up with and loved Johnny Canuck from the WHL days and the original Stick in Rink. That's how I grew to truly appreciate those two logos and I, proudly, grew up with  the Flying V/Skate.

 

The majority of Johnny Canuck, original Stick in Rink and the Skate supporters will support any other Canucks hockey logo over the Orca. It's the majority of Orca supporters whom I find extremely abrasive, arrogant, bullying, closed-minded, conceited, dismissive and snobby. There are reasons why many Canucks fans are hated throughout the NHL, especially in Canada and the attitude of most Orca-supporting Canucks fans explains it.

You may want to review your own post for conceit and abrasiveness. And if you want close-minded and snobby - An Orca doesn't represent our team name but a stick in rink somehow does while both form a C for Canucks. :lol:

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.