Giroux-Point-Stamkos

Scheifele

Reilly-Hamilton

Giordano-Makar

Keith-Pietrangelo

Parayko

Hellebuyck

Binnington

I like most of it but Burr beats out Gelinas and Jovocop has to be top 6.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I like most of it but Burr beats out Gelinas and Jovocop has to be top 6.

My only thing with Jovo is that he’s a LD and I can’t see him being listed above Edler, Hughes, Ohlund (who are also LD’s).

13 hours ago, The Game said:

All Time

Sedin - Sedin - Tanti

Bure - Pettersson - Mogilny

Näslund - Kesler - Bertuzzi

Horvat - Linden - Smyl

Edler - Jovanovski

Hughes - Öhlund

Hamhuis - Bieksa 

Luongo

McLean

Pretty good roster, but my only criticism here is that there are too many players playing Out of position (I.e. Bure, Horvat, Jovo, Ohlund).   I love your addition of Tanti however. 

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Pretty good roster, but my only criticism here is that there are too many players playing Out of position (I.e. Bure, Horvat, Jovo, Ohlund).   I love your addition of Tanti however. 

My only thing with Jovo is that he’s a LD and I can’t see him being listed above Edler, Hughes, Ohlund (who are also LD’s).

Why not Jovo?  He finished higher in Norris voting multiple times then Öhlund or Edler did, finished his career 70th all-time in points and 50th in goals ...playing through the dead puck era in its entirety.   More points then Lowe and Huddy ha ha.  Aside from the WCE team’s didn’t play on many good teams either but still managed one of the better careers any defenseman we’ve had...multiple all-star games and Olympics, and Pratt’s  etc.   Aged well too, probably played his best two-way hockey on some bad PHX teams. 

One year of Hughes is a small sample size - especially given who else is available.   What about Tallon, McCarthy,  Lidster, Lumme, Babych (playoff warrior) Snepsts etc?   Bure and Mogilny played on a line with Federov...sure they could manage EP centering them just fine.

Id argue that before Hughes Jovo was the closest thing we had to a number one defenseman given in that era 60 points was the high water mark.   One of six Canadians Ds playing in 2002 - definitely didn’t look out of place and carried more then his weight.     Also on the 2006 team but couldn’t play (too bad maybe things would have been different).   I’m speaking about your lineup mostly - a tad recency bias - have to go will see about adding a lineup tomorrow.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Truth be told I don't remember which side Jovo or Öhlund played on, but I really wanted to include both of them. Any all time/best of lineup is bound to have too many centers (just look at Team Canada, half their forwards are natural centers) but they usually make the transition fine. I know that Mogilny and Bure played on a line with Fedorov on the Soviet national team (that must have been one of the most fun lines ever!), and both of them are RWs. Tanti had crazy stats!

My thing with Jovo: . @IBatch,

I’m a huge fan of Jovo, but I just feel that his defensive game is a little too weak in order to be put ahead of Ohlund and Hughes.  In other words, the gap between Ohlund’s defensive game and Jovo’s, is greater than the gap between Jovo’s offensive game and Ohlund’s.   On the flip side, this is also why I didn’t include Mitchell or Hamhuis on my top 6 (I.e. almost no offensive prowess).   

11 hours ago, The Game said:

Truth be told I don't remember which side Jovo or Öhlund played on, but I really wanted to include both of them. Any all time/best of lineup is bound to have too many centers (just look at Team Canada, half their forwards are natural centers) but they usually make the transition fine. I know that Mogilny and Bure played on a line with Fedorov on the Soviet national team (that must have been one of the most fun lines ever!), and both of them are RWs. Tanti had crazy stats!

Good points.

I think the issue for me with your roster, is that there are too many guys playing in non natural positions.   Having one or two guys on a team playing out of position might be ok, but 4 or 5 guys doing so might present a bit of a problem.   

On 7/3/2020 at 8:53 PM, Phil_314 said:

That O'Rielly - Hamilton pair would probably get torched in their own end

Agreed.

Parayko might have to be inserted into the line-up somewhere to give that back-end a more defensive presence.

Reilly-Parayko

Giordano-Pietrangelo

Keith-Hamilton

Makar

Makar being the odd man out here would be a travesty however.  

Edited by DarkIndianRises

Agreed.

Parayko might have to be inserted into the line-up somewhere to give that back-end a more defensive presence.

Reilly-Parayko

Giordano-Pietrangelo

Keith-Hamilton

Makar

Makar being the odd man out here would be a travesty however.  

I'm curious, how good would Keith and Giordano be in 2 years?  Both will be 38.  I could also see them possibly drawing on horses like Chabot (big money for a big time guy), Brodie (been a solid and mobile D-man for years) or Morrissey (he did well as the lone star on the blue-line in Winnipeg, with Myers signing with us, Buffy walking and Trouba now in NYR).