The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks exploring possibility of trading Brock Boeser

Just now, Squamfan said:

Sekeres: Benning doesn't want to face the criticism of letting Toffoli walk and they have a pressing desire to sign him.

I love what Toffoli brings to the table. But I'll take a younger Brock Boeser any day.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Indeed. Wild and Sabres make for interesting partners too. 

For instance, if Buffalo called and offered Ristolainen and their 1st round pick which is 8th overall this year, would you pull the trigger? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Howz'bout Ottawa, for Colin White & #5 overall?

Or White, Brannstrom & #33OA?

Big cap savings.

I would want Tierney coming back if we deal with Ottawa. Top 3 Centers would be Petey, Bo and Tierney. Gaud would become a RWer. 

Tierney and some good young assets(better picks/prospects than Buf/Min would have to give)

It's a smart move.

You maintain a deep, balanced offence.

You replenish the prospect pool with depth/more picks.

You redistribute resources, shifting more to the blueline.

You cash in on the asset's value(also marketability in his character & charisma - we've got more of that with our youth)

You keep building towards Complete team-speed(one aspect BB can't really enhance)

You get thru the next 2 yrs of a cap-squeeze

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

For instance, if Buffalo called and offered Ristolainen and their 1st round pick which is 8th overall this year, would you pull the trigger? 

Yeah but they might want another young asset with Boeser or even to swap 1sts. So we’d have to be fine with giving that.

It might be a bit more wishful to think for that much for just Boeser. 8th can still be a top prospect and those have high value. 

If they were dumb/desperate enough to offer that I wouldn’t think twice about it. 

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I would want Tierney coming back if we deal with Ottawa. Top 3 Centers would be Petey, Bo and Tierney. Gaud would become a RWer. 

Tierney and some good young assets(better picks/prospects than Buf/Min would have to give)

Ironically was it Tierney who boarded Brock in Abby(camp tilt)?

I don't know..White could turn around(younger that CT), flipped for more picks(& cap space) etc...

I think AG will keep improving.

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'm even looking at Carolina. Slavin or Pesce 

Perhaps. Depending on the quality of the main player coming back I would want a greater return of younger assets (picks/prospects). 

The worse the roster player the higher/better the picks/prospects and vice versa. 

Might be safer to aim for more of a better roster player deal but we potentially free up more cap if we aim for the better prospects/picks

13 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Sekeres: Benning doesn't want to face the criticism of letting Toffoli walk and they have a pressing desire to sign him.

This doesn't even make sense. He's already facing criticism for this rumour. So clearly he isn't avoiding any criticism either way. If Benning is wanting to move Boeser, it's because he feels it'll improve the team.

What's next? We want to trade Boeser because he is supposedly a Brackett pick and Benning hates everything to do with Brackett?

• Cheers 3

Send LE with him to the Wild.  Does anyone know if teams are allowed to swap 1st round picks with their qualifying opponent.  So in essence the team that wins the series gets the better pick.  I think that would be more fun.