The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

opting out

Rate this topic

lmm

30 minutes ago, VancouveriteinSanDiego2 said:

With players Opting Out, What happens when next season Starts in Dec. and vaccine and treatments are FDA approved yet? more opt out?

Hard to say, likely depends on a number of things. If the US, where most of the teams are based, hasn't managed to slow things down by then I could see a lot of guys being wary. And having a viable, mass distributed vaccine by then seems optimistic imo.

Seem like mostly veteran fringe players that will most likely not get a game in. Can’t blame them there. 

The NHLers that are opting out, I guess there’s always gonna be more to the story then we will or should know. Family is number 1 in my book. But I think most players are programmed to visualize that Cup in their arms and I can’t wait for Hockey!

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Poor Baertschi, so much bad luck. Sadly for him, it will continue after the Canucks win the Cup this year, with Kole Lind in the lineup.

If Kole Lind is playing games for us we are having major injury problems and are not winning the Cup. Lol. I am optimistic about Lind, but I dunno if he's NHL ready just yet, let alone playoff hockey ready.

On 7/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, N7Nucks said:

If Kole Lind is playing games for us we are having major injury problems and are not winning the Cup. Lol. I am optimistic about Lind, but I dunno if he's NHL ready just yet, let alone playoff hockey ready.

I don't know about that. I think this kid has it and he'll be playing for us soon. Kesler but not quite as douchey. :lol:

On 7/12/2020 at 1:40 AM, King Heffy said:

What a horrible guy for staying home to take care of his wife and kids.  He is literally not required to give any reason as per the deal, so there's nothing to be soft or hard about. 

Oh Yeah Wow GIF by NBA