The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Montreal Canadiens players test positive

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya difference is virtanen  didnt hit your vehicle  maybe his buddy was filming him driving  not sure i wasnt there. Accidents  suck i got nailed by a semi truck going 100  and should  be dead needed 2 surgeries and one more still. Accidents happen in life  just the way it is.  No one gets out alive.

:picard:

Way to miss the point.  

BTW you do realize that if someone dies in a MV incident due to the negligence of someone else, it usually is not considered an accident right?  does the term Vehicular homicide or manslaughter mean anything to you?  So are you saying that the permanent injuries to my wife is the result of an unfortunate accident even though someone broke the law by texting while driving at Highway speeds?  Your lack of concern to have people accountable for their actions is truly disturbing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

mmm well im pretty sure if you have covid and you cough in air thats how its passed seems logical   so any confined spaces malls   elevators grocery stores gas stations apartments houses  bars  hospitals  cars  banks 

airborne has a very specific meaning. It means it can hang around for a very long time, and are resistant to drying out. Most diseases aren't airborne including flus and colds. These spread by water droplets. They still hangout in the air, but for much less time, and don't survive as long as they will dry out.

So, if you have a droplet virus, and you cough, it will hang in the air, but slowly fall to the ground. Airborne would just float for an arbitrarily long time. And if it did settle, it could be kicked up again like dust. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

most 20-30 yr olds dont die from covid  maybe if your immune compromised or have heart problems  or your over 65

or if you have unlucky genetics. Otherwise healthy people can have genes that are easy to target for a particular virus. This is why genetic variation is so important in a healthy population. 

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

:picard:

Way to miss the point.  

BTW you do realize that if someone dies in a MV incident due to the negligence of someone else, it usually is not considered an accident right?  does the term Vehicular homicide or manslaughter mean anything to you?  So are you saying that the permanent injuries to my wife is the result of an unfortunate accident even though someone broke the law by texting while driving at Highway speeds?  Your lack of concern to have people accountable for their actions is truly disturbing. 

accidents happen move on  ive moved on   when i got hit by a semi   and ive had permanent injuries  and  might need a 3rd and 4th surgery from said accident  not much you can do  theres no time machine currently.  Not sure  bout  lack of concern i know nothing bout your accident  details not that i particulalry want to know but in life  things happen  im sure if woman was at fault shed be in trouble  some way.   Your lucky accident happened  in canada in states they throw you to wolves  with pricely corporate lawyers  trying to  stab u in the back  4 possible surgeries needed and i got 50k  with no promises  that il be  back to normal in canada that gets u like a million  or more  so when your old ur taken care of 

6 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Sounds like at least 9 penguin players might have covid so it looks like both teams facing each other have issues with their personal. But I’m sure we will hear more of this before teams depart to the hubs. 

I dunno sounds like just a precaution at this point.

Exposure to someone who might have had exposure to someone who had it.

13 hours ago, canuktravella said:

mmm well im pretty sure if you have covid and you cough in air thats how its passed seems logical   so any confined spaces malls   elevators grocery stores gas stations apartments houses  bars  hospitals  cars  banks 

Has been called droplet spread up until now.  Droplets are affected by gravity and usually only spread a short distance and then can contaminate “fomites”.  Airborne spread requires N95 masks, negative pressure rooms and is a whole lot scarier. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:12 PM, -AJ- said:

Are they in the bubble yet? I don't think the bubble has started yet.

No they don't go to the bubble until the 29th or something I think it is.

Doesn't surprise me though. Quebec is like there own country. They gotta party.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, EP Phone Home said:

Sounds like at least 9 penguin players might have covid so it looks like both teams facing each other have issues with their personal. But I’m sure we will hear more of this before teams depart to the hubs. 

Well now is the time to get it because you can quarantine 14 days and still be available to play.

After Friday things will tighten right up.

• Cheers 1