The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rest In Peace Rich

bishopshodan

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I was a fan and friend of a local band called DSK. 

It's when I first heard and met Rich. We all used to hang out at the Town Pump back when Vancouver had a great live music scene in the mid 90's. He was a nice guy and a great bassist. He went on to play with Matt Good etc..

I saw him just a about a year ago. It was a shock to see this story on the news.

RIP.

B.C. bass player and songwriter Rich Priske dies

https://www.straight.com/movies/bc-bass-player-and-songwriter-rich-priske-dies

saw that yesterday, sorry for your loss and a loss to the music community

We were bored and heard M.G.B. were shooting a video for Hello Timebomb so the four of us went to some warehouse with about 200 people waiting in line.  We were about to give up when this lady comes up to us points to me so I got to go inside.  They placed me next to the blonde dancing in the cage and then at the end of the vid we were told to catch the guy that gets attack by the cops.  Near the end of the final shoot Rich and Matt started throwing out gear - I got a shirt and Rich's bass pick that said Rich Rock on it.  After the shoot I thought for sure I'd be in the vid. It took awhile for the vid to come out, when it did I was shocked I couldn't even recognized myself lol.  I couldn't even remember what my hair color is - but I believe I could be seen in literally one screen grab.   

RIP Rick Rock 

52 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

We were bored and heard M.G.B. were shooting a video for Hello Timebomb so the four of us went to some warehouse with about 200 people waiting in line.  We were about to give up when this lady comes up to us points to me so I got to go inside.  They placed me next to the blonde dancing in the cage and then at the end of the vid we were told to catch the guy that gets attack by the cops.  Near the end of the final shoot Rich and Matt started throwing out gear - I got a shirt and Rich's bass pick that said Rich Rock on it.  After the shoot I thought for sure I'd be in the vid. It took awhile for the vid to come out, when it did I was shocked I couldn't even recognized myself lol.  I couldn't even remember what my hair color is - but I believe I could be seen in literally one screen grab.   

RIP Rick Rock 

Good story.

That video has 3 members of the band I referenced, DSK. Blair the singer is the roller skating devil, Dave Genn (went on to MGB, 54-40 etc) was the guitarist and as mentioned Rich on bass.

So much talent. I miss those days. I don't think I realised how good a scene it was, until it's gone. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Good story.

That video has 3 members of the band I referenced, DSK. Blair the singer is the roller skating devil, Dave Genn (went on to MGB, 54-40 etc) was the guitarist and as mentioned Rich on bass.

So much talent. I miss those days. I don't think I realised how good a scene it was, until it's gone. 

Heard a lot about DSK without ever actually hearing any of their songs unless they played some on CFOX that I didn't notice.  It's a shame a lot of SEEDS bands didn't have much of a future - I just heard Pride Tiger's Lucky Ones on my playlist a couple of hours ago - love that song.  

• Cheers 1