The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

1 minute ago, Lazurus said:

True, but his contract is up at the end of the year too isn't it? Pretty sure and Benning isn't doing any contracts this year.

he has another year left, but will likely be extended sooner. unless the whole team quits on him, I think they'd trade a core piece before letting green go -- it's his team to grow with. the type of coach that could outlast a gm. 

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

SN650 carved out an identity as a bit more of a homer-based station. I feel like 1040 wanted to carve out its own identity by going the opposite way. It's like the Dems/Republicans in the US. They will slowly begin to just take extreme POVs. 

1040 has at least one diehard Leafs fan on their roster.  Wadden,  I'm talking about you.  (He's a friend, I know it's true)

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

As im typing im eating pizza hut super supreme.. 

So yummy...

How’s it in the Hubble? I hear it’s scorching in Edmonton. That’s just terrific that the timeline of your work and the NHL being in Edmonton for the Stanley Cup Ball matches up. Enjoy being an insider and your pizza. Beer and Pizza on a Friday before the long weekend, not a bad idea.  

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

green has to ice a team he can trust. they simply aren't deep enough that he can afford to roll the dice on a guy when he doesn't know what he's going to get. 

edit: behaviour is predictable, results aren't. 

Leaving the player leading the team in game winning goals off the roster in a 5 game do or die series, for anyone of mac, Roussel, Eriksson or Motte would be nothing short a stupid decision.  His job is to put the best team in the ice.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

Leaving the player leading the team in game winning goals off the roster in a 5 game do or die series, for anyone of mac, Roussel, Eriksson or Motte would be nothing short a stupid decision.  His job is to put the best team in the ice.

his best team or yours?

Greener just wanted to get a look at some other players. He knows Jake more than any other coach with all the time they spent together in Utica. No doubt in my mind he'll be on the opening roster.

The question is more what his role will be. Will he be focused on hitting and intimidating or scoring? Can he juggle those two ends of the spectrum. I hope the desperate housewives (no offense to women intended) karen crew can give it a rest for five minutes and shut the heck up and help steer the fanbase to supporting the team instead of disecting jake's body every year and posting pictures of the guy with a beer in his hand.

Winning teams don't have that kind of crap lingering around...Hockey players party. Get over it. Jake is a young man who probably has a hell of a lot to be happy about and any cup team would be lucky to have him. Cup winners aren't all perfect schoolboys.

Talking chit about the hometown boy is so yesterday. You must be a pretty damn unhappy old bag to resort to that to feel relevant in the online community.

Edited by Ekko
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Ekko said:

Greener just wanted to get a look at some other players. He knows Jake more than any other coach with all the time they spent together in Utica. No doubt in my mind he'll be on the opening roster.

The question is more what his role will be. Will he be focused on hitting and intimidating or scoring? Can he juggle those two ends of the spectrum. I hope the desperate housewives (no offense to women intended) karen crew can give it a rest for five minutes and shut the heck up and help steer the fanbase to supporting the team instead of disecting jake's body every year and posting pictures of the guy with a beer in his hand.

Winning teams don't have that kind of crap lingering around...Hockey players party. Get over it. Jake is a young man who probably has a hell of a lot to be happy about and any cup team would be lucky to have him. Cup winners aren't all perfect schoolboys.

Talking chit about the hometown boy is so yesterday. You must be a pretty damn unhappy old bag to resort to that to feel relevant in the online community.

All good until your last sentence. Insults are not required to voice your opinion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2