The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I dont know if Jersey would trade him.. but if we sign Marky long term I'd offer Demko and JV. 

No point losing Demko to Seattle in expansion draft.. or we're gonna have to give them a significant piece to take someone else and leave Demko..

wouldn't Detroit make sense for Demko? they don't have a young goalie of Demko's quality and he could split next year with Bernier. Lots of cap space too, I'd like to see something around Loui and Demko to Detroit.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

I get it, your special. 

Now don't forget to brush your teeth before bed young man. Good night and sweet dreams

Struck a chord did i?

So you're saying I am a snowflake for wanting our fanbase to stop treating their guys like personal hygene cleaning devices? I'm sorry. I just think we're better than that! You're free to think what you want man but I personally feel like we've all paid enough dues as fans to start acting like a real franchise.

Edited by Ekko
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

How’s it in the Hubble? I hear it’s scorching in Edmonton. That’s just terrific that the timeline of your work and the NHL being in Edmonton for the Stanley Cup Ball matches up. Enjoy being an insider and your pizza. Beer and Pizza on a Friday before the long weekend, not a bad idea.  

It was really hot cpl days ago. Today was nice. I just got home from a 45 min jog about 20 mins ago...  Nice cool breeze. Yesterday was similar to today. Did 45 min jog as well.

The 2 days prior to yesterday were 30+ and sunny. Too hot to go for a run and if you wait until evening the mosquitos here are huge and vicious. Last week I made it 1 km before having to turn around run back home. They ate me alive.  Vicious I tell you.  

As far as Covid it's really not a big issue here. Life is pretty normal.

• Cheers 2

A little look baack at what became what is.

Luongo - emotional music. shares the story of the last generation of Canucks in the Sedin era. Luongo later traded back to FLA for our current Veznia Caliber Starting goaltender Jacob Markstrom. I had a thought cross my mind. Are we mad at Loui because his name sounds similar to Lou??? Because Eriksson reminds us of a large figure in our not to distant future where we lost. Perhaps when Loui Eriksson finally leaves we will be free of that burdon. Or maybe I am just reaching lol. Either way it was a nice video to watch. Help get them emotions flowing for the start of the series!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wouldn't Detroit make sense for Demko? they don't have a young goalie of Demko's quality and he could split next year with Bernier. Lots of cap space too, I'd like to see something around Loui and Demko to Detroit.

For who? 

If we re sign Marky long term then i think Demko goes this summer. 

We need a 1st round pick or a RHD with size

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I had a thought cross my mind. Are we mad at Loui because his name sounds similar to Lou???

Well, for me, it’s more to do with the fact that Eriksson has been unnoticeable when he plays. You want your defence to be unnoticeable, as well as the referees, but not a forward who makes millions to provide offence. He doesn’t hit, doesn’t intimidate, doesn’t score... unnoticeable.

Luongo was never unnoticeable. Win or lose, he made himself known.

my prediction is, we beat Minny in 4 games.. and go on to lose to Colorado in game 6 of the third round 
but im just excited to watch hockey again, and this experience will be valuable for all of our young core players, win or lose..!
:towel:

Edited by Laheys Liquor

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Now, does the insanity and paranoia switch to Zack? Only Matt Sekeres knows. 

Highly unlikely. MacEwen is still a shiny new toy. It'll take a season or two, when the new shiny toys arrive, for them to turn on him.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Ekko said:

Struck a chord did i?

So you're saying I am a snowflake for wanting our fanbase to stop treating their guys like personal hygene cleaning devices? I'm sorry. I just think we're better than that! You're free to think what you want man but I personally feel like we've all paid enough dues as fans to start acting like a real franchise.

It'd be sweet if you could find a way to make your point without slagging a gender in the process.  It might give your argument more weight.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Biggest game of the season so far. This is the playoff race, in a condensed form. 

Wild will be tough to beat, but beatable. 

Hope the offense will click and get their confidence. They had enough chances last game but need to finish. 

D is always the same, make mistakes here and there. Marky needs to be stellar as usual. 

• Vintage 1