The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks, Sunday August 2 @ 7:30 pm

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

It all begins tomorrow for the Canucks! Today, I plan on watching a lot of hockey.

I'm guessing Virtanen gets in for Game 1. He's too valuable to be sitting in the pressbox. If he doesn't get it done over the first couple of games, then sit him and give MacEwen a shot. 

I'd love to see Gaudette in over Sutter, but I have a feeling Green is going to go with experience here. Sutter may be better defensively as well. Same with Eriksson, I expect him to play. I'll guess that Motte will be the odd man out.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It all begins tomorrow for the Canucks! Today, I plan on watching a lot of hockey.

I'm guessing Virtanen gets in for Game 1. He's too valuable to be sitting in the pressbox. If he doesn't get it done over the first couple of games, then sit him and give MacEwen a shot. 

I'd love to see Gaudette in over Sutter, but I have a feeling Green is going to go with experience here. Sutter may be better defensively as well. Same with Eriksson, I expect him to play. I'll guess that Motte will be the odd man out.

Bolded I am looking for

My 888poker sportsbet picks for today:

Carolina over NYR

Chicago over EDM (have EDM winning the series though)

Pittsburg over Montreal

WPG over Calgary (WPG for the series too)

other bets

Vancouver to win the cup pays 56 to 1

Vancouver to win the west 19 to 1

Toronto  to win the east 15 to 1

TB to win the east only 4 to 1 but very likely

Play in series bets

Van over Winn 

Pettersonn over Fiala in goals

Pettersson over Fiala in points

Boeser over Parise in points

Winn over Calgary

Laine over Lindholm in goals

EDM over CHI

McDavid over Kane in goals

Draisiltl over Kubalik in goals

Tavares over Bjorckstrand in goals 

Mathews over Atkinson in goals

Crosby over Tatar in goals 

Guentzel over Gallagher in goals

I was 5-1 in the exhibition games, my only lose was to TG. If you like sports betting, 888 poker's sportsbet is a lot of fun, let the games begin !!!

8 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

If baer is more concerned about losing a couple mill next season and staying in Utica rather then signing for a mill to put himself in a position to showcase himself, so be it he can stay in Utica. I just think it's shortsighted of him.

I know what LE and his agent said a couple of weeks ago LE is a classy guy and I'm sure he wants a crack at a run this season, I actually though he looked good and I prefer him to Sutter or Motte.

My thought process is he's made over 60 mill, he's due 5 more and I think he could sign a contract elsewhere while still being in the NHL.  I think after the season, once he's been home with his family, the thought of Utica for 2 years for a couple of mill is nuts when you've made over 60 mill. I could be wrong, just my opinion. Cheers.

I work 70 hours a week if I can and it's for a lot less than a million dollars. There is very little chance LE walks away from that contract simply so he can go to a similar situation in an unfamiliar organization. Lots of us pretend that we would walk away but would you walk away from $5 million at the end of your career knowing you'll never have the ability to earn that again, all before the age of 40. He could probably use that 5 million to buy in as part owner of a European team or something.

As for Baertschi it would be a real dumb move (short sighted) to throw away a contract at this stage of his career, especially in this uncertain climate, when he could simply do as you suggest the following year, only a million or two richer.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

For who? 

If we re sign Marky long term then i think Demko goes this summer. 

We need a 1st round pick or a RHD with size

I was thinking more to move Loui than get assets back. If there was an option for a RHD tho that would be choice #1 but if thats not on the table I'd see if we could move Loui as the deal. 

Our physical guys have to show up and help slow down their attacks. Our no1 line will get a lot of attention. This will make secondary scoring very important,  esp garbage goals. We have to free up Petie when we can. But we may have to endure and win a tough 2-1 win. So no floaters.

Bo has to lead us and utilize his physical gifts with hockey IQ.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Our physical guys have to show up and help slow down their attacks. Our no1 line will get a lot of attention. This will make secondary scoring very important,  esp garbage goals. We have to free up Petie when we can. But we may have to endure and win a tough 2-1 win. So no floaters.

Bo has to lead us and utilize his physical gifts with hockey IQ.

Good thing Gaudette and Petey both looked like they packed on a little more muscle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

I work 70 hours a week if I can and it's for a lot less than a million dollars. There is very little chance LE walks away from that contract simply so he can go to a similar situation in an unfamiliar organization. Lots of us pretend that we would walk away but would you walk away from $5 million at the end of your career knowing you'll never have the ability to earn that again, all before the age of 40. He could probably use that 5 million to buy in as part owner of a European team or something.

As for Baertschi it would be a real dumb move (short sighted) to throw away a contract at this stage of his career, especially in this uncertain climate, when he could simply do as you suggest the following year, only a million or two richer.

I ageee with what you said about Sven. But with LE he may change his tune if management says your going to Utica Loui. Tell him now and he's had some warning and can consider his options. 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Greener said he went with the lineup he thought gave them the best chance to win in the exhibition match, which leads me to believe we wont see virt until we lose in the qualifier. Doubt he's there for game 1 personally. Ferland is ahead of Mac on the depth chart (at least how greener sees it), imo, the tie breaker being ferly's experience.

It's not Gaudette vs. Sutter realistically. Not sure it's ever been. Kind of more Sutter vs. MacEwen or Eriksson for that 4th line winger spot. Sutter likely slots in because of PK duty.

Motte is in the lineup. Greener's never took him out of that 4th line winger spot. 

just my opinionz