The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Birthday, Loui Eriksson!

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, tas said:

makes ya wonder how he would have done if he had gotten even one tiny shred of support from the fans.

we're supposed to build our guys up, not tear them down. when did we all decide it was our duty as fans to also be critics?

....fans turned on Higgins after providing multiple SEASONS of solid two-way play.  You think it would be different for a much higher paid player who hasn't even provided one month of similiar play?

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Could you imagine we reach a Stanley Cup Final and Louie is in the lineup.. and he scores the Stanley Cup OT Goal?

What would your response be.. obviously you'd lose your $&!# but... the first words out of your mouth if any lol.

FFS Seriously??? might be mine if im not fully immersed which I assume we will be LOL "Where has this been Louie!!!  Of course you'd score the biggest goal in franchise history"

Tainted.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Could you imagine we reach a Stanley Cup Final and Louie is in the lineup.. and he scores the Stanley Cup OT Goal?

What would your response be.. obviously you'd lose your $&!# but... the first words out of your mouth if any lol.

FFS Seriously??? might be mine if im not fully immersed which I assume we will be LOL "Where has this been Louie!!!  Of course you'd score the biggest goal in franchise history"

I'd be ecstatic that he rammed it down everyone's collective throats. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

You’re the best Loui block out the haterz

happy bday!

Hate is a strong word,.

It’s like working beside someone who gets paid 90% more than you,  and he walks away to have a smoke 5 times an hour, leaving you to carry the work load.   ... and it never changes...  and management can’t get rid of him.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

....fans turned on Higgins after providing multiple SEASONS of solid two-way play.  You think it would be different for a much higher paid player who hasn't even provided one month of similiar play?

Lots of people, including myself, were defending him until he decided it was appropriate to whine about Green in the media for not continuing to give him unearned ice time.  At that point, LE should have been suspended without pay for unprofessional conduct.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hate is a strong word,.

It’s like working beside someone who gets paid 90% more than you,  and he walks away to have a smoke 5 times an hour, leaving you to carry the work load.   ... and it never changes...  and management can’t get rid of him.

That’s overkill. 

loui works hard on the ice, unfortunately he has been snake bitten ever since he arrived but that doesn’t mean he’s been completely useless as you’re making it sound. Yeah he’s not producing at his price tag but he still remains a solid hockey player who actually does help the team. Even more so recently. Some folks just refuse to accept anything good about Loui.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tas said:

makes ya wonder how he would have done if he had gotten even one tiny shred of support from the fans.

we're supposed to build our guys up, not tear them down. when did we all decide it was our duty as fans to also be critics?

Best post I’ve seen in a long while deserves to be post of the day I hope it gets a ton more likes.

Edited by CanuckleHorse

24 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

That’s overkill. 

loui works hard on the ice, unfortunately he has been snake bitten ever since he arrived but that doesn’t mean he’s been completely useless as you’re making it sound. Yeah he’s not producing at his price tag but he still remains a solid hockey player who actually does help the team. Even more so recently. Some folks just refuse to accept anything good about Loui.  

He sure as hell isn't working hard enough to justify a roster spot on an NHL team.  The fastest I've ever seen this floater skate is when it's time to get his useless arse back to the bench where it belongs.  He won't hit, can't score, plays scared, and moans about the coach.  The most help he could be to the team is to stop hogging all the nachos in the pressbox.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

That’s overkill. 

No.  “Hate”,   as you put it,   is overkill.

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

mine might be "okay fineeeeeeeeeeee, you're at least worth your bonus..." 

3 hours ago, tas said:

Lol you must be new here...

I don't think it's wrong to have an emotional investment/ reaction when you see something that you've grown to care about falter, and even seasoning a little trash talk or ribbing doesn't have to be negative... as long as it doesn't extend into serious personal attacks or death threats then why not?  It's almost like watching a movie and when you see your favorite character falter, would you not say "oh come on!  I can't believe he did ______" 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

mine might be "okay fineeeeeeeeeeee, you're at least worth your bonus..." 

Lol you must be new here...

I don't think it's wrong to have an emotional investment/ reaction when you see something that you've grown to care about falter, and even seasoning a little trash talk or ribbing doesn't have to be negative... as long as it doesn't extend into serious personal attacks or death threats then why not?  It's almost like watching a movie and when you see your favorite character falter, would you not say "oh come on!  I can't believe he did ______" 

yeah, I guess 15 years is new.

you're what's wrong with this team"s fanbase. they aren't characters on a tv show, they're actual 3-dimensional human beings doing their absolute best to make your dreams come true. 

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hate is a strong word,.

The hate or strong feelings around LE are understandable ... anyone who’s worked with someone who doesn’t carry their load and gets paid extremely well can identify to that.   That said if their was no cap we’d all be happy to have him on the fourth line and nobody would be complaining about it at all.  It is what it is.   Wonder if OTT fans feel the same way about Ryan and his 7 million....no they don’t.   I can personally say that because I live close to OTT and they have provided a lot of support for him.  Maybe if LE also had a demon that a lot of ordinary people could identify with there wouldn’t be so much constant BS about him.  It’s not his fault JB offered him that contract - however it is his fault that he couldn’t produce what that contract was worth.  He’s got to own that.   Never aside from Messier can I re-call a player adding so much fan ridicule.  Ladies and gents like it or not he actually is a CANUCK...he wears the uniform.   TG might as well use him.   He’s not going anywhere this season. 

34 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

10 goals a year, 6M per

McDavid at 12.5... JV at 1.5

100ish points for McDavid... best player in the league .. Miller gets 70 and is paid 5.25....JV on pace for 20/20 = 40 easily ... at 1.5.   Or should we do EP instead? Point is a lot of players don’t earn their money relatively to others.   Even the very best in the league.   McDavid would have to get around 300 points to equal JVs production...