The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQR: (5) Edmonton Oilers vs. (12) Chicago Blackhawks | Blackhawks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

From one game to the next. Feels like I won’t be able to get out of my couch for entire day.

Just go with it....don't fight it, VC.  

My living room's very dark....trees out front shade it and, in pure contrast, my deck out back is nothing but absolute brilliant sunshine.  I'm turning into a cave dweller today....it's just gotta be.   Sorry summer sun, not today.  Rain check.

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

At least there won't be Chelsea's Dagger after every Hawks goal.  That song still gives me nightmares.

Teams were asked to provide their goal songs.  The idea is to recreate the ambiance of the arena of the home team.  

The road team might get their goal songs though.  This was from the NHL website:

The Flyers were the home team Tuesday, so the NHL used their playlist before each period. But it used goal horns, goal songs and power-play prompts for each team, and that is the plan once the Qualifiers start.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Teams were asked to provide their goal songs.  The idea is to recreate the ambiance of the arena of the home team.  

The road team might get their goal songs though.  This was from the NHL website:

The Flyers were the home team Tuesday, so the NHL used their playlist before each period. But it used goal horns, goal songs and power-play prompts for each team, and that is the plan once the Qualifiers start.

I think it would have also been cool for the home team to get their own PA announcer as well. For the Canucks, it would be Al Murdoch.

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Damn, that thing is usually pretty accurate isn't it? So did Chris Stewart earlier today,

I remember there were a few years where it had predicted correctly. Not sure what I would rather want if I had to choose one: Oilers winning the cup this year or seeing Lafreniere in an Oilers uniform for the next two decades...