The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECQR: (5) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (12) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 3-1

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Penguins in 3
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Canadiens in 3
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5

This poll is closed to new votes

3155__stanley_cup_playoffs-special_event

Eastern Conference Qualifying Round

7838_pittsburgh_penguins-primary_dark-205362_montreal_canadiens-primary_on_dark-

(5) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (12) Montreal Canadiens

Saturday, Aug. 01: Canadiens vs. Penguins, 5:00 pm PT | NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS, 
Monday, Aug. 03: Canadiens vs. Penguins, 5:00 pm PT | NBCSN, SN, TVAS, ATTSN-PT
Wednesday, Aug. 05: Penguins vs. Canadiens, 5:00 pm PT | NBCSN, SN, TVAS, ATTSN-PT
Friday, Aug. 07: Penguins vs. Canadiens*
Saturday, Aug. 08: Canadiens vs. Penguins*

2 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Pens win this as both teams are rooting for them. I suspect Montreal wants a shot at Laf more than they want a first round exit. 

Players couldn't care less about Lafrenière.  Weber is not going to let his guys let up - he wants to win a Cup in his career.  And as Julien was telling media losing doesn't guarantee Lafrenière. 

1 hour ago, mll said:

Players couldn't care less about Lafrenière.  Weber is not going to let his guys let up - he wants to win a Cup in his career.  And as Julien was telling media losing doesn't guarantee Lafrenière. 

You’re not wrong, the players will play to win. The organization may not feel the same.  My questions started when Domi sat out “due to his diabetes” and then joined the team. This reeks of an owner or manager trying to convince a young guy to sit out...and eventually giving in as he wanted to play all along. Wondering if there will be any unusual roster decisions or coaching choices moving forward. 
*disclaimer - this is an opinion/ guess and I have no proof whatsoever to back this up. 

On 7/26/2020 at 10:55 PM, Amebushi said:

You’re not wrong, the players will play to win. The organization may not feel the same.  My questions started when Domi sat out “due to his diabetes” and then joined the team. This reeks of an owner or manager trying to convince a young guy to sit out...and eventually giving in as he wanted to play all along. Wondering if there will be any unusual roster decisions or coaching choices moving forward. 
*disclaimer - this is an opinion/ guess and I have no proof whatsoever to back this up. 

Listening to Domi's interview after he joined the team - it sounds like it was him that was having doubts after all and needed some extra time to think about it.  

Bergevin talked of how the playoff experience is going to help their young players.  He says it's the chance to show what they can do.     

• Cheers 1

On 7/26/2020 at 1:55 PM, Amebushi said:

Wow. Ridiculous conspiracy theory.  Domi has type 1 diabetes.  He’s at risk at the best of time.  It’s understandable that he wanted to take time to assess the situation before committing to playing in the bubble 

• Cheers 1

On 7/27/2020 at 2:06 PM, mll said:

Listening to Domi's interview after he joined the team - it sounds like it was him that was having doubts after all and needed some extra time to think about it.  

Bergevin talked of how the playoff experience is going to help their young players.  He says it's the chance to show what they can do.     

Not the first time I’ve been wrong...wont be the last either. 

On 7/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, qwijibo said:

Wow. Ridiculous conspiracy theory.  Domi has type 1 diabetes.  He’s at risk at the best of time.  It’s understandable that he wanted to take time to assess the situation before committing to playing in the bubble 

Imo Domi would be my pick for Masterton candidate from Montreal just for showing up.  Wouldn't judge him at all for staying home and looking after his long-tem health. and am rooting for him to be healthy and productive.  Good kid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ECQR: (5) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (12) Montreal Canadiens | Series tied 0-0