The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECQR: (8) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (9) Columbus Blue Jackets | Blue Jackets win series 3-2

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 3
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 3
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I am talking about before he was signed he should have been traded when he had value. Now they are lucky to get anything of substance for him.

Absolutely. Your right and I've said so much myself. Absolutely correct. He should of been traded the second they signed JT, or immediately after the contract he signed, or when he was holding out 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1

It ain't really news either. Plenty of us posters slagged how the Laffs were built.

Nov 2018 I started a trade thread that they should trade AM to StLoo(who'd win the Cup)

Then last Oct(Save The Laffs Please) posted that they'd miss PO's & fall apart. It's all been borne out. You just don't build a hockey team like this.

Now Shanny(plan) looks like a carnival barker's snake oil!

• Cheers 2

Sick of the Laffs... from the city to the team, the fans, the media (Simpson) especially, they can all just huddle together n float away. I’m Italian and all my elder relatives and their kids either cheer for Toronto or Montreal. And the words that get thrown in my face time and time again is “ how many cups have the Canucks won? “ and I always respond “ well if Canucks got to play in a time when there was 6 teams I think they would have won a cup or 6 “ lol anyways  I just hope our beloved Canucks win before the Laffs so I can stuff the prosciutto where it counts. :towel:Cmon Canucks Let’s Go!!!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

All I hear from Toronto media is excuses and they’re still pumping up their players.

This is the problem when the media has such a big stake in the Leafs. They’re all afraid to say anything critical. Thank god Burke is at least willing to speak the truth.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All I hear from Toronto media is excuses and they’re still pumping up their players.

This is the problem when the media has such a big stake in the Leafs. They’re all afraid to say anything critical. Thank god Burke is at least willing to 

Absolutely. It's a joke. 

• Cheers 1

Leafs are going to have nightmares of Jenner and Foligno under their beds.

Couldn't handle the heaviness of Columbus.  Couldn't handle Dubois either (and were fortunate Josh Anderson was not in the lineup).

35 million dollar line combined for a -3 in the series.

Jenner, Foligno, Nyqvist were +6.

When your lottery superstars' can't outplay the opponent's matchup line 5 on 5 - all playing together on an overloaded one-liner = you're usually done.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

gonna puke in my mouth 1 in 4 chance Laf ends up with Edmonton or Toronto. WTF screw you Bettman. LOL also Pittsburgh who was a top 7 team might get him too, you're such a joke Bettman. 

Won’t really make a difference.

Toronto and Edmonton are just fundamentally built wrong. You can add as much talent as you want up front they’ll still lose when it counts.

Pittsburgh might get a couple seasons of him, Sid, and Geno lighting it up but those two are almost done. Laffreniere would essentially be replacing Crosby in the start of a slow rebuild.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Leafs are going to have nightmares of Jenner and Foligno under their beds.

Couldn't handle the heaviness of Columbus.  Couldn't handle Dubois either (and were fortunate Josh Anderson was not in the lineup).

35 million dollar line combined for a -3 in the series.

Jenner, Foligno, Nyqvist were +6.

When your lottery superstars' can't outplay the opponent's matchup line 5 on 5 - all playing together on an overloaded one-liner = you're usually done.

they could have easily lost game 4 too when they where down 3-0. Luckily for them Werenski was out for the game, and Columbus had to play one dman down and they still the Jackets nearly won the game in regulation.  Joke of a team has no business being in the playoffs.  Hope they don't win the 1st pick though.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

WOOO-Hooo!

Tonite PJ Tavares will button up his colours..jump Highhh over that fluffy, lumpy mattress, but then hit the bed post! :^)

Our JT makes less than half of their JT's salary

Our JT is a leader on an off the ice

Their JT goes home and wears his pyjamas

Edited by ruilin96
  • Thanks 1