The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Very solid performance by Canucks..

Had a bad 10 mins in 2nd period... couple giveaways cost them 2 goals and the game.  

I'd like to see them tighten up a bit on the D side.. Minny plays a heavy and structured defensive game.  Their board work on offense is solid. 

A bit more physicality and tighten up defensively we'll be fine vs Minny. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not worried.  We played well and if we hadn't I would be.

Hockey's back and that's reason enough to celebrate for me.  That one was a warm up...real deal starts now.

Brock and Petey looked good.  That matters.

I liked Guad's drive tonight too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not worried.  We played well and if we hadn't I would be.

Hockey's back and that's reason enough to celebrate for me.  That one was a warm up...real deal starts now.

Brock and Petey looked good.  That matters.

And Bo......Boeser just needs to get one, then he'll get more.  His shot's pretty good

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Liked from what I saw in the first period, and deserved a better fate after 20 mins.  Quick, tenacious, and moving the puck very well.  But that let down effort in the second period and lack of attention to details is going to serve as a learning curve for this unproven team.  Can't be careless and lackadaisical especially in your own zone during the post season.  Defensively the forwards jumped way too early out of the zone to cheat offensively, ultimately allowing the Jets to jump on the defenses' stretch passes and lack of attention to detail.

I liked Pettersson, Boeser, Ferland, and Juolevi tonight. Thought those 4 looked really good 

Did not like Miller or Sutter from the forward group.  Did not like Stecher and Fantenberg tonight.  Everyone else was meh.

Can't wait for Sunday when it really matters!

Fanta def has a bad play there tonight I noticed

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Seriously how is Fantenberg even a consideration for our lineup? We have guys like Rafferty, Brisebois or even Sautner that are ahead of him in my opinion. What does he bring to the table? 

Agree he’s a call up and not ahead of of any others you listed, would like to see Joulivie up 

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

exactly!

Yep, something most Canucks fans are overlooking. 

Not a knock against those 2...more so about the matchup + it being their 1st time in playoffs in a restart where they may not be as sharp.