The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ferland - Bo - Jake would be a heavy line though.

Heavy, sure. But Bo is not a 3rd line centre, and Gaudette (as much as I love him) is not a 2nd line centre. Until Gaud has the face off and 2-way game of Bo there’s no way you put him in the lineup ahead of Cap. No matter how “heavy” it makes the 3rd line. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

If it’s me drawing up Sunday’s lineup, I go with this for game 1. 

Miller EP Toffoli 

Pearson Bo BB6

Ferland Gaudette Virt

Motte Beags Sutter

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Fats Stech

I'd switch BB and Toffoli. They are better with their centres who have chemistry 

Oh well let's hope they have better luck against Minny.....it will be interesting to see who TG plays....personally I want Zac and Ferland and Jakey to play....but I guess Sutter is needed for the penalty kill ....and....whatever....but can you imagine a 3 rd line of Gauds, Ferland, Jakey.....crash .. bang.... 

Not sure why the Fanta hate tonight. He's solid for a 6th dman. Nothing spectacular, just steady d. 

What did he do that was worse than Stecher or Juolevi? 

That being said, 

I would have liked to see more Juolevi to see what he can do and thought his ice was too limited tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I'd say there's room for Jake in Game 1.

I think we missed Jake's speed and size.

I would actually like to see a 3rd line with Jake, Motte & Gaudette. Its not incredibly high in puck skills. Would be about puck pressure, not puck possession!

Motte creates turnovers. Jake picks them off? And Gawd puts them in!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Heavy, sure. But Bo is not a 3rd line centre, and Gaudette (as much as I love him) is not a 2nd line centre. Until Gaud has the face off and 2-way game of Bo there’s no way you put him in the lineup ahead of Cap. No matter how “heavy” it makes the 3rd line. 

Of course, but I can for sure see Gauds being more than a 3C. Will get interesting down the road.