The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Miller, Boeser, Pearson, Toffoli, Hughes, Pettersson, Roussel should all have letters before Sutter

6 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Seriously, it is insane that Miller doesn't.

Do you guys actually know what the job requires, have you ever worn a letter?

• Cheers 2

Juolevi had a few nice plays including an outlet stretch pass.

I thought Hughes was ok except for a couple of times where he tried to pass it through the defender and ended up turning it over.

Loved Petey's confidence in trying to split the D. It didn't work, but I had flashbacks of Kesler vs Nashville.

Other than a few really ugly turnovers, I thought the team played well and controlled the pace of the game. We generated more quality chances, but Hellebuyck was really reading the play well and anticipating the shots. So I think we're going to have to do a better job of getting guys to the net to create traffic and screens for their goalie

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Do you guys actually know what the job requires, have you ever worn a letter?

If a guy can't be a leader without a letter he shouldn't wear a letter.  Some of these suggestions are ridiculous.  Scratch out any guy on his first season with the team for starters.

• Cheers 3

This game was all about shaking of the rust, working on timing, systems, energy levels, and staying healthy. And to get accustomed to the oddness of this whole thing.

I thought we succeeded in almost all the above. 

yes Marky looked like he over played some shots and let out juicy rebounds, but a session or 2 with Ian Clark will fix that. 

our shooters were little off, but the timing will come back, fast.

our defence looked scrambly,  but rotating through 7 guys will do that.  

I know this sounds weird, but I kinda hoped for more penalties, to work on the power play and penalty kill. No Edler on the PP.....hmmmm

and as far as we know, no injuries. 

A couple of days for practice, and this team, given the energy level they showed tonight, aw man I’m excited!!!

but probably the biggest thing I noticed, no cowbell in the crowd...

Go Canucks!!!!

• Huggy Bear 1

42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sutter isn't even a household name in his own household.  He supposedly provides veteran leadership, is great defensively and is a must have on the PK.  I think Jake is a better penalty killer than Sutter.  Not sure how Sutter got this reputation of some wonder kid on the penalty kill who can't be taken out of the lineup.

Free Jake...

How much moo-lah is it if both Eriksson and Sutter are in the press box at the same time?

lol

Really hope Jake plays with edge on the weekend, it’ll loosen up play for others.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don't think you understand what exhibition game means then.

I do, winning it means confidence, momentum, experience, losing, irregardless of the importance of the game does not create a winning culture.

Perhaps you don’t understand the importance of winning.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

45 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sutter isn't even a household name in his own household.  He supposedly provides veteran leadership, is great defensively and is a must have on the PK.  I think Jake is a better penalty killer than Sutter.  Not sure how Sutter got this reputation of some wonder kid on the penalty kill who can't be taken out of the lineup.

Free Jake...

Brandon Sutter is a foundational player. 

Mr. Mackey Mmkay GIF by South Park

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Funny enough?

Its about D zone match ups. Would save you for offensive draws & the PP personally.

1) Pearson Bo Boeser

2) Motte Beagle Sutter

I dont think you will be taking D zone face off's after off sides. Nor Miller. Definitely not by the time it is 2knd round. And the D zone draw is Benn, Seguin, Radulov.

I think we need to teach Jake how to take faceoffs...  :)

Free Jake...

• Haha 2

There’s really not much to worry about. In my opinion for the majority of the game the Canucks were better. As usual against Winnipeg however, they couldn’t score with the several good chances they created. Then they get 1 goal and the game seems over. I didn’t watch after they made it 4-1 but they almost put up 40 shots on them at that point, I don’t really get some of the negativity.

Like we lost the game but in my mind there’s no doubt the Canucks played the better game.

Edited by Wilfred
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1