The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Sutter is so bad at hockey 

He had a pretty solid season+ for us in the past.....but it seems injuries & father time hit him hard.  A player's play/performance can fall of a cliff so fast (eg., Hansen as a Shark for example).

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I think one of those was on Stech. He let his guy past him after he thought the puck was cleared. I think they will look at some stuff and clean up some of those lapses. Minnie's in the same boat as far as rust goes so it shouldn't be the deciding factor. I also doubt that Minnie gets that kind of goal tending.

After watching the replays you can see a few guys letting up on their pursuit. That can't happen when it counts.

I agree with most of your post... I watched Minny vs AVS game...

Minny played a very good structured defensively sound game.. They didn't let Avs use their speed except for MacKinnon on his beautiful goal.. we dont have a MacKinnon.. 

They are a big heavy team and played a very good game.. going to be a very tough series for Canucks..

I could see it go to 5 games and it's anyone's series..

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

He was a foundational piece when they traded and signed for him. He’s had terrible injuries and it’s ruining his career.
I don’t think foundational and Sutter have been made in the same sentence for 2 or 3 years 

True. Its actually debatable if he ever was a foundational player.  Purely a stop gap player imo. 

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
  • Cheers 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

I agree with most of your post... I watched Minny vs AVS game...

Minny played a very good structured defensively sound game.. They didn't let Avs use their speed except for MacKinnon on his beautiful goal.. we dont have a MacKinnon.. 

They are a big heavy team and played a very good game.. going to be a very tough series for Canucks..

I could see it go to 5 games and it's anyone's series..

Probably gonna be trench warfare, and so all the more important to have the Roussels/ Ferlands/ MacEwens/ Horvats/ Millers driving to create offense in tight.
Then again, if our defense is turnover prone again it could quickly come back to cost us.

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

True. Its actually debatable if he ever was a foundational player.  Purely a stop gap player imo. 

For sure. There needs to be hope when time’s are tough and Benning did what he could to get as competitive as possible. I don’t think people would be complaining “As Much” if he didn’t have all those injuries as I’m sure he’d be fairly effective cause he was in the prime of his career. It’s tough cap wise etc. But we are a 2 years away from the stop gap to be cleared up. 1 for Sutts and 2 for Loui 

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

How much moo-lah is it if both Eriksson and Sutter are in the press box at the same time?

lol

Really hope Jake plays with edge on the weekend, it’ll loosen up play for others.

Actually 0, other than what they get for playoffs, but I believe everybody on the team gets the same amount of pay in the playoffs.  Their contracts are for the regular season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Need someone to run the goalie. Might be time to bring back Sestito.

Mark my words, I think we'll see Dean Evason have either Foligno or Greenway on the Wild try to run Markstrom in the qualification series.  We need a nuclear deterrent to make it clear that if the Wild try that, it will be at their peril.  Just don't want Marky hurt.

• Huggy Bear 1

29 minutes ago, SuitcaseSmith said:

Mark my words, I think we'll see Dean Evason have either Foligno or Greenway on the Wild try to run Markstrom in the qualification series.  We need a nuclear deterrent to make it clear that if the Wild try that, it will be at their peril.  Just don't want Marky hurt.

This is why I prefer Benn over Fanta.  He's not a nuclear deterrent but he won't stand there and do nothing if their guys take liberties.

• Cheers 1

put it this way...canucks are going to have to play a hard nose series...they will need the depth if guys go down...must win game one and must play that drive the net beat guys to the puck and really try hard to keep the wild to the outside.....canucks cant win if they  dont play with emotion...

We outplayed the Jets and we're quite dominant at times.  Boeser was flying and got off lots of good shots. But you could see a little anxiety out there and there were a couple of timing issues that will need to be improved.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Most knowledgeable fans know the only way we will win is to out gun the other team 

Knowledgeable fans know that defence wins cups, when it gets to crunch times it boils down to d in today’s nhl 

this is not the Gretzky-Kurri nhl anymore 

D wins championships....which includes stellar goaltending 

• Like 1

This is effectively playoff hockey coming up now. My biggest fear is teams coming out in game 1 and targeting our smaller guys 

we MUST answer that immediately when it happens and it WILL happen 

Minny is not dumb, they know they will win the series if they take out EP and Hughes

this is where I feel we need a heavy hitter like Jake in the lineup as guys like Roussel will irritate but not hurt Minny. Find a way to keep Ferland in. 

play Loui over Sutter or sit Sutter and Roussel and keep Ferland and slot in Jake 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, canuktravella said:

yet you still lost eh greener thats funny maybe u should have a meeting withvets that show up and dont do their jobs  sutter being a fine example of  garbage vet performances 

If AG could win more then 38-40% and kill penalties as well we wouldn’t need him in the line-up as much ... plus careful what you wish for otherwise whom do you think will slot in to replace him on the PK?  LE says hi ha ha ...