The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This is effectively playoff hockey coming up now. My biggest fear is teams coming out in game 1 and targeting our smaller guys 

we MUST answer that immediately when it happens and it WILL happen 

Minny is not dumb, they know they will win the series if they take out EP and Hughes

this is where I feel we need a heavy hitter like Jake in the lineup as guys like Roussel will irritate but not hurt Minny. Find a way to keep Ferland in. 

play Loui over Sutter or sit Sutter and Roussel and keep Ferland and slot in Jake 

I’d like to agree with this - problem is will JV throw his weight around?  TG seems to know how to push his buttons the most, and I’m sure he’s embarrassed to have to watch the exhibition game from the pressbox.   Adding a chip to JVs shoulder couldn’t hurt that’s for sure. And then unleash him.   TG went through the same  issues himself as a player - it took him some time to realize how to play and succeed in the NHL and believe he sees a lot of the same things in JV.   I’m sure he will play against MIN but won’t be given any slack if he’s not playing at the right level - unlike some of the vets on the team...who have actually earned the slack or the benefit of the doubt.   Wouldn’t read too much into this one “pre-seasonish” game.   Hitting was down on both sides ... players didn’t want to risk too much before the real show begins .... 

18 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

There....

That should be a whole series of bad luck parsed off our backs...

The pucks will be going in once we get to play Minny....!!!

Both BB and EP must be still shaking there heads....

EP had two good scoring chances his first shift ... both guys were very dangerous ... teams won’t have it easy against two scoring lines to shutdown instead of one.   

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

This is why I prefer Benn over Fanta.  He's not a nuclear deterrent but he won't stand there and do nothing if their guys take liberties.

Unfortunately he’s been largely inferior compared to Fanta at all other aspects of the game for us overall to date.

5 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Funny because the Jets are the one team out of the west that I'd hate to face in the play-in/playoffs - and this is why... Hellebyuck is as dominant a goalie as there is in the league, and for whatever the reason, there's this voodoo sh!t where the Jets just have our number.

The Wild won't be easy, but I'd rather play them over the Jets. No. Questions. Asked. 

Agreed, the flames should be worried, very worried...

We have as good a chance as Minny to win, but Marky needs to be in mid season form.

Also i think without fans, our younger stars may have a better chance to focus on the game at hand...

Pretty hard to get a read on either team after that game, neither team was playing with playoff intensity. Things I took away from it were: 1-Brock is moving much better than he ever was in the regular season, 2-Elias is ready to go and he seems willing to physically engage, 3-Ferland was moving much better than early this season, but he’s still a shadow of his former self. Oh, and I really dislike the “noise management system” they seemed to be using last night to drown out the players. Can’t wait to see some real hockey on Sunday.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Pretty hard to get a read on either team after that game, neither team was playing with playoff intensity. Things I took away from it were: 1-Brock is moving much better than he ever was in the regular season, 2-Elias is ready to go and he seems willing to physically engage, 3-Ferland was moving much better than early this season, but he’s still a shadow of his former self. Oh, and I really dislike the “noise management system” they seemed to be using last night to drown out the players. Can’t wait to see some real hockey on Sunday.

Looked like a mid-late October game last night. Except for Hellebuyck... goddamn beast that man is. I hope we don't face Winnipeg in the playoffs.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Am I the only one who thinks Jake being on the outside looking in right now might have something to do with his going to Celebrities right before rejoining the team?

Eriksson outplayed him in camp, that tells you everything. Forgot Horvat little out burst? 

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Eriksson outplayed him in camp, that tells you everything. Forgot Horvat little out burst? 

The entire camp thing is blown out of proportion imo. 

Demko outplayed marky...

Beagle outplayed petey...

Remember when shirokov outplayed the entire team?

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

EP had two good scoring chances his first shift ... both guys were very dangerous ... teams won’t have it easy against two scoring lines to shutdown instead of one.   

The announcer's last night even referred to Horvat's line playing  the Jets first line as "best on best"...but we have 2 "best" lines and our 3rd line is going to be scoring some goals as well.

We just need to shake off the curse of the "Millionaires" ....calling the first hockey team in Vancouver that name might be the reason for 50 years of bad luck....

If it had been the Ditchdiggers we would have won the cup by now...!!!

2 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

We need to drive the net if we want to win, especially against a good goalie. Didn't see too much of that last night. Lots of chances, but mostly perimeter play. If we get messy in front of their goalie and make Minny's defense work real hard, we have a great chance to win.

we were social distancing from their goalie....Dr Henry gave them an A+

• Haha 4