The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 02, 2020 | Wild lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

No. I'm going to assume Green gets fired. He can't allow his ego, favoritism, and the political BS behind the scenes to get in the way of icing the players who would, more than likely, be much more effective than what he chose tonight. 

I've been saying, get Sutter out of there. He started strong, but then he vanished. Rousell, in my opinion, I think there are better options.

I think Jake could do a lot more damage than either one of those guys. 

Let's see how smart Green thinks he is. 

I honestly think its too late for Jake,

He must be in the Goldy Dog house by now where he could get a break away and score and expect to get benched for leaving the zone early.

If he hits and tkes a penalty, -dog house

Coach doesn't like him, captain doesn't like him

he seems pretty neutered from within hos own team at this point

I am not a believer of those who claim the "Green knows how to push Jakes buttons"

if jake is to reak out, it won't be in Vancouver

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

What about something crazy?

Ferland Petey Jake

Miller Horvat Boeser 

Pearson Guadette Toffoli 

Motte Beagle Sutter

?? 

No picking on Petey that’s for sure and other 3 lines are balanced out nicely 

Ferland Petey Miller would be my first line if we went with a big shakeup. Problem with taking Miller off Petey's line is now Petey has to take faceoffs, and he's pretty bad at that. He's Gaudette levels of bad at faceoffs. Miller is the primary faceoff guy on that line. He won more faceoffs this season than Petey took total. Petey was a 42% faceoff guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Ferland Petey Miller would be my first line if we went with a big shakeup. Problem with taking Miller off Petey's line is now Petey has to take faceoffs, and he's pretty bad at that. He's Gaudette levels of bad at faceoffs. Miller is the primary faceoff guy on that line. He won more faceoffs this season than Petey took total. Petey was a 42% faceoff guy.

The Wild are pretty poor at face-offs - 59% for Vancouver to 41% last night.  Staal went 32% and it was the primary line Pettersson played against.  

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Very true 

Was a strange first game on Vans part in my opinion. I love the being the aggressor for once but it became quite apparent a few of our forwards lack in effective fore checking. Apart from Motte,ferland,Eddy, JT the rest of the team seemed late to the party. Beags ,pearson and sutter seem to clutch and grab over any form of check. Beos  and Pete laid more effective body work then some . (happily surprised with both). My point is imo that they tried so hard to physically tire  Minni that it backfired. Caused the team to always be a step behind. Speed game, passing game, mental game suffered imo. Giveaways were awful and Minni capitalized. I hope they come out in tommorrows game more so like they played all year with just half the hitting intensity as last night,unless JV and Big Mac find some ice time. Looking forward to a win tommorrow  none the  less. i have faith in Green and the boys. GCG

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, bree2 said:

we didn't lose the game because of lack of pp, but it sure helped, i think maybe the tables might have been turned if we got 2 pp in the first and Minni got none. how many times do we get a pp at the end of the game when the game is basically over

got a PP in the first and shot ourselves in the foot

• Cheers 1

Game comments

• Marky should of had the first two
  • Bench penalties (too many men) should not be occurring at this point in the season.
  • get Bo playing with one of the better players.  He is borderline ineffective playing with average players but performs better with at least one good winger.
  • I would shuffle one player around on each of the top 3 lines as all of the lines had no chemistry last night.  Nothing to lose at this point
  • get Sutter out maybe even beagle or gaudette
  • Give Jake and Zac a chance to infuse some youthful energy on the 3rd/4th lines.
  • get a new announcer that is not an ex CBC Toronto Football announcer.
Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 2

JT Petey Ferland

JV Bo Brock 

Rous Sutter Erikkson

Motte Beagle Big Mac

Edler OJ

Tanev Hughes

Fanta Myers

The smurf was too small. Pearson can sit in the press box instead of the penalty box. The hockey Gaud was taking wide circle turns in lala land.

I forgot about TT...he draws in. Erikkson or Motte out.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I hardly complain about the refs.

I never played competitive ice hockey but I played ball hockey for years. I know it's not the same but it's besides the point.

In my opinion the reffing was crap. And even burke agreed that he would have speared him too. He deserved it.

This fanbase has been crying for some gritty formidable players who dont take crap for years.

Now some of us are complaining because those players stick up for themselves...

I think the NHL is crap,

See the video Deb posted about Sutherland mic'd, its emabarrassing really.

That said, the reffing, although lame did not affect the game.

the too many men call should be made every game 

the Ferland thing, probably should have been a misconduct to the Wild player, but the 4 on 4 was correct

the Rooster penalty at the end of the game meant nothing except the NHL is wussie hockey. that call is a blemish on the game. still it does not change the outcome of the game.

The only game changer was the Canucks killing their own power play early when it would/could/maybe/might have made a difference 

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I’m not trying to overreact, if the Canucks don’t find a way to take control of the series, heads will roll. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

They run the risk of having a regular season team. You need warriors in the playoffs and guys that bear down.

Petey's gotta learn. So does Bo. And that's ok. If they don't, change er up.

These guys like Spurgeon, Stall, Fialia, Flamingo or whatever....Sutter. Warriors.

Toronto...I hate to say it same issue. They'll learn.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

I think the NHL is crap,

See the video Deb posted about Sutherland mic'd, its emabarrassing really.

That said, the reffing, although lame did not affect the game.

the too many men call should be made every game 

the Ferland thing, probably should have been a misconduct to the Wild player, but the 4 on 4 was correct

the Rooster penalty at the end of the game meant nothing except the NHL is wussie hockey. that call is a blemish on the game. still it does not change the outcome of the game.

The only game changer was the Canucks killing their own power play early when it would/could/maybe/might have made a difference 

Losers complain about refs. Remember when the Canadian women's hockey team had like 100 -1 penalties to the USA in the Olympics? Winners win. Losers complain.

Tanner Pearson needs to ride pine for that garbage.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

JT Petey Ferland

JV Bo Brock 

Rous Sutter Erikkson

Motte Beagle Big Mac

Edler OJ

Tanev Hughes

Fanta Myers

The smurf was too small. Pearson can sit in the press box instead of the penalty box. The hockey Gaud was taking wide circle turns in lala land.

ya let's just take the 2 top 6 and put them in the pressbox and plug in 2 bottom 6. that'll solve the scoring problems in a do or die game

13 minutes ago, lmm said:

I honestly think its too late for Jake,

He must be in the Goldy Dog house by now where he could get a break away and score and expect to get benched for leaving the zone early.

If he hits and tkes a penalty, -dog house

Coach doesn't like him, captain doesn't like him

he seems pretty neutered from within hos own team at this point

I am not a believer of those who claim the "Green knows how to push Jakes buttons"

if jake is to reak out, it won't be in Vancouver

It’s pretty safe to say Travis Green will be fired if we lose against the Wild. 

Jake is not going to make a difference in this series. He is a 3rd liner where there is a log jam of such players.

The Canucks as a whole need to get better and figure out strategies on beating the Wild defensive coverage. 

• Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya let's just take the 2 top 6 and put them in the pressbox and plug in 2 bottom 6. that'll solve the scoring problems in a do or die game

Gotta get inside. Need grit and drive....who did I miss I thought only Pearson was benched?