The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

I made a dream last night;

Green told some players that I might be fired if I don't make change of the lineup in Game 2.

Jake, you promise to score 1, I will put you in second line.  If promise 2, I will put you in the top line.

Jake replied, I should score 3, what line I will play.

My wife suddenly wake me up, and I don't know Green's answer.

Anyone could help to find out what line Jake should in.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

I made a dream last night;

Green told some players that I might be fired if I don't make change of the lineup in Game 2.

Jake, you promise to score 1, I will put you in second line.  If promise 2, I will put you in the top line.

Jake replied, I should score 3, what line I will play.

My wife suddenly wake me up, and I don't know Green's answer.

Anyone could help to find out what line Jake should in.

He should be traded to Edmonton.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I've been in support of what Loui brings to the table (cap aside). It's just weird to see that people are pushing for it after all the vitriol sent his way.

Similarly to Jake, after years and years of some posters running him down, the spin now seems to be that he would be a key piece in righting this ship.

Also for OJ as well. There's just so much positive talks about him in the last couple of weeks to the point where he's viewed as a potential boost for us in this series. It's very unusual given the talks of him over the past season and beyond.

All these "hated" players are now the guys the Green needs to play or he's supposedly an "idiot". Go figure.

It's mostly just different posters being vocal.  I've been frustrated, but have never not liked Jake, and I've never doubted OJ.  I sure as hell don't want LE in the lineup though.

Edited by King Heffy

Pearson and Gaudette sit. My personal lines are:

Ferland Pettersson Miller

Toffoli Horvat Boeser

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Motte Beagle MacEwen

Hughes Tanev

Edler Myers

Fantenberg Stecher

Markstrom

Unleash Ferland, Virt and MacEwen - give them license to create havoc.

Putting Ferland on the first line will give him a lot more minutes and influence on the game.

Horvat's line becomes more offensive orientated with Toffoli instead of Pearson.

Roussel and Virtanen speedy duo and high energy on 3rd line

Big Mac crushing hits and speed on 4th.

PP1:

Boeser Horvat Petterson

Ferland Hughes

PP2:

Toffoli Miller Virtanen

MacEwen Myers

PK1:

Beagle Motte

Edler Myers

PK2:

Roussel Sutter

Fantenberg Tanev

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Funny how people are criticizing Green for not putting in Virtanen as if they know everything that happened behind the scenes. Lol. So suddenly TG has a vendetta towards Jake?

The guy came to camp out of shape, unprepared and spent the quarantine clubbing. 

That’s your saviour right there.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at the typical overreaction in highly sensitive canuck nation.

The boys aren't getting much help from the bench so they have to go do it themselves.  Time for some heart and soul, line to line, D to D. They got to help Marky too. He's getting that one soft goal again so someone has to match it.Marky deserves the support. They can combat Minny's system with effort. And a will to win. Bo can wear a 16 tshirt under that uni. Punch someone through the glass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Just win for crying out loud.

I can't take much more misery.

You are a Canucks fan misery is part of the role.

hell im from UK and support Newcastle United in football as well! Talk about asking for misery 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Nope, Minny scored more goals than either team, though marginally.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2020.html

By “offense”, I meant forward groups.

On paper, Minny’s forwards are weakest of the playoff teams, especially after trading Zucker. But they got 31 goals this season from their defensemen, including career highs from Hunt (8) and Soucy (7). For Soucy, it was a major fluke - he’s only scored that many goals once at any level (AMHL).

I also tend to think that The Wild got a bump from switching coaches (which tends to wear off), and a lucky goal streak from Fiala, who has scored 10 goals in 13 games since Evanson took over (63-goal pace). Not to mention Spurgeon, with 7 goals in the same period (44-goal pace). Both good players, but not THAT good.

Vancouver has to play the Minny d-core heavier. This is where they can win the series. It is obvious that Minny thinks their game has to be the same way. They can beat Van by hitting their 'd' and throwing the Van game plan into the trash. That said I thought the Canucks did a decent job breaking up ice. I am not as negative on the effort that many fans seem to be. Add a heavier body like Jake into the mix and crowd the Minny net. It should work. 

• Upvote 1