The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

My personal lines:

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen

Ferland-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Sutter-Toffoli

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

OJ-Myers

Markstrom

I said this exact thing about a month ago, except at the time I thought maybe Baertschi instead of Ferland as at the time Ferland was concussed and Baer had chemistry with Bo and Brock. But I agree with your lines for sure...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

4-0 Minny these Canucks have no heart. I love my nucks it hurts me to say this but......

Surprised the Canucks showed up for the 4th game after being eliminated after the 3rd loss. lol

never mind, you meant the score for game two. I need more coffee....

Edited by NorthWestNuck
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

So almost every team has made adjustments with success this play in season

if we pull the same old tonight and lose lookout because the knives will be out 

What if changes are made and they still lose?

Ok ladies and gents. We’ve all been focusing on the negatives too much. 

let’s consider some of the bright spots:

1) our young core officially got their first taste of the playoffs together. That is HUGE! they kept us competitive for the entirety of the season and got us to this point. They’re young but they are hungry. I mean did you see petey putting his head down and battling through all that crap like a champ? So let’s keep on believing in them. We know that wasn’t their best, we know what they can do when they’re skating fast and making quick plays. Considering that they will be together for (hopefully) many  more years to come this is a great opportunity for them to push themselves to a whole another level. I’m so excited to witness their growth!

2) Everyone is healthy after game 1. This is great news, Ferland showed that he is ready to go, the team dished out  40 hits compared to Wilds 26.  We took some big hits too, but kept on battling and getting back up. 

3)the kids kept it clean the vets not so much. All of our infractions were by vets with “experience”. The young guns kept their cool and played an entire playoff game without taking dumb penalties..

4) we owned the wild in the f/o dot winning 59% of the draws. That’s a great start now just need to hold on to pucks and make plays. Example is the Avs game during the regular season:

5) we haven’t even iced our best lineup. This is the roster that showed tremendous chemistry together in the past: 

46646084-8F9A-4F67-92AF-542389BE8BE7.thumb.png.55075cc1a374fab743e426177c3197d7.png12D3F758-7F71-46E6-8430-2E99408EAB50.thumb.jpeg.95e7f7b35e0008846c0aa0c3a3d10a5d.jpeg

6) we have 3 fresh bodies that are ready to unleash fury on the wild. Did you watch the highlight above? See JV with that big boy hit? That’s the way to play the wild. Last time I checked this is a best of 5 series. Wild won’t last. 

Can you think of any other positives I missed? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Wow...the gdt / pgt from last game are full of all kinds of stupid...i guess some people haven't been keeping their brains sharp / active during this pandemic and a whole bunch of dumb crept in. Lol!

I hope there's more positivity, common sense & logic for tonight's game. 

Go Canucks Go!!!

Edited by IRR
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

What if changes are made and they still lose?

Then so be it. But at least have the ability, and flexibility to adapt and make changes. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Go Canucks Go! 

Whether Game 2 follows the same script as Game 1 or not, I love this team and will be less judgemental as I was on Sunday.  

After all, we can all agree that it wasn't effort that hurt us. It's clear our boys care. Let's see what Tuesday brings.   

Hey, hey... hey, Minnesota... you're not as good as you think you are; we're coming.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Then so be it. But at least have the ability, and flexibility to adapt and make changes. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Go Canucks Go! 

41 minutes ago, Googlie said:

It'll still feel better than losing with the same lineup

So if Green juggles his lineup in game, he's criticized for not allowing the chemistry of the lines to build and he's being criticized for potentially keeping the same lineup he has built up during camp. I have my doubts that Green will get any benefit of the doubt changes or not (if he makes some changes, surely it'll be the wrong ones). At the end of the day, all losses will be put on Green (and Sutter or Loui when he's in the lineup) and if we win, credit will go to the players. This is what happened all through the regular season, I expect that to still be in mid-season form here on CDC.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Ok ladies and gents. We’ve all been focusing on the negatives too much. 

let’s consider some of the bright spots:

1) our young core officially got their first taste of the playoffs together. That is HUGE! they kept us competitive for the entirety of the season and got us to this point. They’re young but they are hungry. I mean did you see petey putting his head down and battling through all that crap like a champ? So let’s keep on believing in them. We know that wasn’t their best, we know what they can do when they’re skating fast and making quick plays. Considering that they will be together for (hopefully) many  more years to come this is a great opportunity for them to push themselves to a whole another level. I’m so excited to witness their growth!

2) Everyone is healthy after game 1. This is great news, Ferland showed that he is ready to go, the team dished out  40 hits compared to Wilds 26.  We took some big hits too, but kept on battling and getting back up. 

3)the kids kept it clean the vets not so much. All of our infractions were by vets with “experience”. The young guns kept their cool and played an entire playoff game without taking dumb penalties..

4) we owned the wild in the f/o dot winning 59% of the draws. That’s a great start now just need to hold on to pucks and make plays. Example is the Avs game during the regular season:

5) we haven’t even iced our best lineup. This is the roster that showed tremendous chemistry together in the past: 

46646084-8F9A-4F67-92AF-542389BE8BE7.thumb.png.55075cc1a374fab743e426177c3197d7.png12D3F758-7F71-46E6-8430-2E99408EAB50.thumb.jpeg.95e7f7b35e0008846c0aa0c3a3d10a5d.jpeg

6) we have 3 fresh bodies that are ready to unleash fury on the wild. Did you watch the highlight above? See JV with that big boy hit? That’s the way to play the wild. Last time I checked this is a best of 5 series. Wild won’t last. 

Can you think of any other positives I missed? 

How dare you

8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I've been in support of what Loui brings to the table (cap aside). It's just weird to see that people are pushing for it after all the vitriol sent his way.

Similarly to Jake, after years and years of some posters running him down, the spin now seems to be that he would be a key piece in righting this ship.

Also for OJ as well. There's just so much positive talks about him in the last couple of weeks to the point where he's viewed as a potential boost for us in this series. It's very unusual given the talks of him over the past season and beyond.

All these "hated" players are now the guys the Green needs to play or he's supposedly an "idiot". Go figure.

If Benning doesn't sign Megna, he's fired.