The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

While everyone wants to win, this series is about the experience, the outcome is secondary.  I want them to come out and play a better game.

This... Our time will come, but you gotta learn how to crawl before you can Walk....

These are baby steps... Whatever happen, happens, however experience of play off hockey will be invaluable to the team. 

And to JB and the management team as well, as they will learn a lot about their players and their mentality during these games...

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

888Poker Sposrtbets for today

NYI over FLA

ARI over Nash

Col over Tor

Winn over Cal

Car over NYR

Van over Min (2 bucks on this one, Vancouver should bounce back)

I was going to take some draws,  took 3 draws yesterday and hit on the TB/WAS game. Then i realized they don't want OT in the play-in series because it will overlap the next game. Thats why they called a penalty on Calgary with less than 3 minutes in the game down by a goal, They only have an hour and a bit between games, what would they do if there's a double OT? Postpone the next game?

My record at 888sportsbet so far since the return.

14-8

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Experience is an overrated thing. It’s important but some people on these forums seem to hold it to this mythical status that somehow having post season experiance means played just magically become winners.

you need to create a winning mentality and from that you gain experience and learn where you fell short. Going in to ‘just get experience’ doesn’t create this, nor is it an attitude of a winning team or one that wants to win

I agree

much like "Veteran leadership"

we don't hear about veteran leadership much any more now that we have Miller, Toffoli, Pearson, Sutter,Ferland, Roussell, Ericcksson, Beagle etc

But not all of those guys were providing much leadership

I am sure there was some value to Bo, Petey, Boeser and Hughes maybe markstrom, (who needs to win us the next game even if he has to steal it) , but maybe those kids are learning more from Minnisota than their own vets.

we'll know more after tonight, and so will our youth

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm keeping it alive in my neighbourhood....firing up all the non hockey neighbours.  It's working....had a woman who barely speaks English pulling out of our parking lot point to my flag outside and ask "playoffs?".   So I told her about playins, the game time and we did a Go Canucks as she drove away.

I won't be hard on the guys win or lose....unlike others, I feel they played a good game except for a spurt where they didn't.   Some bad bounces and a ref who forgets to put his teeth in probably also forgets his contacts at home too.

People are praising Minny like they're something special...they're really not.  They weren't "disciplined" even if they stuck to their boring structure.  In the backs of their minds they were doing things more to throw us off our game at times than about theirs so that's where the team has to dictate things.  

GO CANUCKS GO    Bring them back down to Earth.   Kunin sounds like the name of a candy bar.

Yup!! it was just one game... I ain't losing faith yet... it's been far too long since our last playoffs action so we gotta show our support.

Sucks that I don't know where it's safe to watch games outside with a few friends... seems to me a lot of peeps don't really observe social distancing still... a bit annoying!!

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This... Our time will come, but you gotta learn how to crawl before you can Walk....

These are baby steps... Whatever happen, happens, however experience of play off hockey will be invaluable to the team. 

And to JB and the management team as well, as they will learn a lot about their players and their mentality during these games...

my concern is that this is the only kick at the can for awhile as I don't see the league continuing beyond this until a vaccine is developed.  So if they flame out in this, it could be a year, two years, maybe more before we see NHL hockey again and we will have missed a lot of important growth with this core.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

my concern is that this is the only kick at the can for awhile as I don't see the league continuing beyond this until a vaccine is developed.  So if they flame out in this, it could be a year, two years, maybe more before we see NHL hockey again and we will have missed a lot of important growth with this core.  

Maybe they'll do small tournaments through the year. They need money too. 

Well Ferland didn't win the game, in fact he didn't get a shot, he did get into a fight which seemed to wake up Minnesota, but he did make it through the game, a big accomplishment.

Now why is this big deal with Virtanen not playing, something else must be up. It has been tough on his friends and family all the bashing he has been getting from the media for just being present.

Green doesn't needed any more goal scorers or fast players on the team, I am surprised that Toffoli isn't benched in favor of MacEwen, he scores as often as Ferland and like Jake, cost millions less AND can be traded or moved, unlike Ferlands guaranteed roster spot.

You know I think that is why there is so much Jake negativity, Ferland has to play, he is guaranteed the spot, so the distraction is Jake.

The game today will not lack intensity but the Wild were a winning team when the break came, the Canucks were not so far it is pretty much going along those lines

The Canucks will not lose all their games but they could have a rebound game. Roussel gets suspended today for running the goalie, hows that for a prediction eh?:lol:

It is great to see hockey again, last time I guessed a 3 goal differential, 5-2, this game, 5-3 Wild Unless Virtanen plays, he scores 2B)

Edited by Lazurus

1 minute ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Maybe they'll do small tournaments through the year. They need money too. 

I brought that up in another thread and it was pointed out that owners don't want to continue without fans.  Tournaments could only be held in hub cities and with no fans, so the owners will have to pay players without the income from gate revenue.  The hub cities would also likely only be in Canada as well, and Americans won't watch on TV

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

That could very well be Stawns... But lets take one day at the time. Agree a vaccine is needed.

It would be massively disappointing if play stopped for a year or more ,as these are the years our future will be developing the most (hopefully). However it is what it is, and the experience of Play offs is still invaluable .

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

I had some thoughts of how Expos fans might've thought after a strike wiped out their season (when they were on such a roll).  Hope we experience a different ending.

• Vintage 2

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

I brought that up in another thread and it was pointed out that owners don't want to continue without fans.  Tournaments could only be held in hub cities and with no fans, so the owners will have to pay players without the income from gate revenue.  The hub cities would also likely only be in Canada as well, and Americans won't watch on TV

I think you are right there.  Next season won't happen until there is an immunization produced and distributed and numbers in the US get to Canada levels.

Other than bubbles there just isn't really a model that will work for a season with the numbers where they are in the US and if there are no crowds it doesn't make financial sense.  Baseball is using the Euro league model but in an area that is burning with COVID and it is failing miserably, I am amazed they are still playing.

Players already didn't like the idea of signing up for a potential 70d in the bubble.  

This could be the last hockey until next spring.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think you are right there.  Next season won't happen until there is an immunization produced and distributed and numbers in the US get to Canada levels.

Other than bubbles there just isn't really a model that will work for a season with the numbers where they are in the US and if there are no crowds it doesn't make financial sense.  Baseball is using the Euro league model but in an area that is burning with COVID and it is failing miserably, I am amazed they are still playing.

Players already didn't like the idea of signing up for a potential 70d in the bubble.  

This could be the last hockey until next spring.

I'd love to see small round robin tournaments, then a play in and then playoffs, I think it would be awesome and a possible new model for the league.  However, it's unlikely that owners go for it, especially if it's in Canada.  I wonder what players will do?  

• Cheers 2