The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 04, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, canuck2288 said:

We need to tighten things up 

D is a 5 man thing not 2 d men and a goalie. We need our forwards pickup up their checks, it’s not complicated. Pretty basic hockey 101 

thank goodness time ran out as this was looking like another implosion 

I had full confidence in us closing it. No fear. 

Guys were tired not going to fret over it lol

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Crappy thing is we’ll get a completely different set of rules next game.

Refs were calling everything. Probably won’t be that way next game.

That is if they don't send Sutherlands to ref the game.  Expect a lot of penalties, don't want risking 1-1 game into OT that might go long seeing that they have 2 other games to be played all day in the arena for other teams on Thursday.    If they refuse to call penalties and OT ran long, it will become a fiasco and they probably want to avoid that.  Teams will watch that game and wondering why ref aren't calling anything and they want to play on time.  But anyways, good win, boys, let's get it going for game 3. GCG.

So I guess we’ll be seeing MacEwan and Gaudette next game. 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Eriksson

Virtanen Sutter MacEwan

Motte Beagle Gaudette 

Good thing we had 15 forwards. We’re going through them pretty quickly.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

lot of firsts

first playoff point EP, QH

first playoff goal BB

first playoff win Marky

Lot of positives

strong 5 on 5

we have enough depth for a change

Concerns:

need better PP.  PP1 a bit too predictable to read 

Too many penalties

injuries to Toffoli, Rousell, Ferland 

Gaudette, MacE may get their chance next game

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, b3. said:

Sloppy ending can’t just keep icing it.

But Eagle was a beast.

To be fair they were trying to seal the game with the empty-netter, but just missed all of them.

3 minutes ago, Bo53 said:

Boeser in the media availability just said its “tough with [the injury] to toff” then looked to someone off camera and covered his mouth with his hand while his eyes widened. I think he just gave away info they wanted to keep quiet. When there’s a video I’ll post with a time stamp.

ya dam so toffoli ferland and roussel  all injured good thing we got lots depth 

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

I'm personally tired of the games Green plays.

Remember when he benched Boeser for the 1st 2 games of his rookie season,  because he said he didnt think he was ready,  then Brock goes on to have one of the greatest rookie seasons in franchise history.

Green doesnt know ****.  He thinks hes smart as a whip but the guy plays games and isnt consistent with all the players.  Jake has to play by a completely different set of rules than anyone else on the team, or else he gets severely punished.  Its ridiculous.

Jake contributes more that 3/4 of this roster.  The kid is blossoming into what we hoped he would be when we drafted him.  Green needs to let him go and cut the crap out.

Gaudette did not have a great game 1 of this series. Here’s a thought. Coach the kid. Don’t bench him. 

4 minutes ago, Bo53 said:

Boeser in the media availability just said its “tough with [the injury] to toff” then looked to someone off camera and covered his mouth with his hand while his eyes widened. I think he just gave away info they wanted to keep quiet. When there’s a video I’ll post with a time stamp.

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-forward-tyler-toffoli-in-walking-boot-1.1504439

Cat's out of the bag.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Or Greener wasted a roster spot on someone else last game when Jake should have been in.....   

Ya , because that's been Jake's history here?  If he played like that without having to be pushed,  we wouldn't be having this discussion.  This is not even close to the first time Jake has played his way off the team, then come back and played like this.

• Cheers 4

Just now, Mustapha said:

Poor first period? Are you on glue? BTW the Canucks never allowed a goal when Hughes was on the ice.

No.

I just noticed a bunch of turnovers on the PP in the 1st though. Save for the Boeser pass he was poor that period. He was better in the 2nd and much much better in the 3rd. Just an unbiased analysis.

Not too surprised since he doesn't play the PK or in the final minutes when we've been up goals and have been scored on.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Do I guess we’ll be seeing MacEwan and Gaudette next game. 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Eriksson

Virtanen Sutter MacEwan

Motte Beagle Gaudette 

Good thing we had 15 forwards. We’re going through them pretty quickly.

we have depth.  not worried just yet. hope a few of the injured guys can come back  this series