The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, luckylager said:

Huggy with 3 assists...

I've said it before, I'll say it again... Huggy is the best player on this team.

Like, he's still developing and isn't a perfect player, but the upside he has is just unreal. He can put up a game like today's as a rookie, just imagine what he'll be doing in 2-3 years.

• Huggy Bear 1

Today was the Canucks’ best game in my opinion.   VERY solid defensively and much improved gap control and attention to detail.   The Wild didn’t get a whole lot of good looks.   This is also the first time since the WCE era Canucks where we have a team that’s really sticking up for one another.   No one is going to take advantage of our stars.  Any rough stuff and there will definitely be a price to pay.   Also, unlike some of our goalies post Kirk McLean, Markstrom finally seems to be a guy that plays in the playoffs like he does in the regular season.    

Few areas to improve:  limit the undisciplined penalties.   Those penalties that Myers is taking is uncalled for and I hope Green gets him to watch some tape.    Canucks need to do a better job with their passing, although given the context (ie Wild’s stingy defense), it’s possible that the Canucks are deliberately taking more risks with their passing and so the pass conversion percentage will obviously be lower.  Lastly - the Canucks need to find a way to counter the Wild’s aggressive PK.   I don’t know what the Nucks can do here (stop carrying the puck in all the time as to avoid predictability?), but Green has to come up with something here.  

All in all, this was one of the best performances that I’ve seen from the Canucks.   A very good road game and a hard fought win.  Players sticking up for one another reminded me of 1994.

24 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Is it possible to listen to sportsnet 650 online from outside Canada?

Yes. Look for an app called "simple radio" - it streams over the i-net and I have been able to get it in UK, Portugal, Ukraine, so I am guessing anywhere

20 minutes ago, kilgore said:

So it IS the playoffs.

Cuthbert "Elias Pettersson, First Stanley Cup Playoff goal!!!"

Well, NHL is counting these playin points as well as the round robin points as 2020 playoff points

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Huggy with 3 assists...

Yes, but Boeser with a goal and an assist,  and in my opinion,  played a better overall game. Don't get me wrong , Huggy played a ton and played well, I just think Boes played a little better ( relative to position).

Edited by cuporbust
  • Huggy Bear 1