The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 06, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The last paragraph only is why TG is well respected around the league and considered an up and coming coach.   This team overachieved this year.  Maybe not by a big margin but definitely did.   I’d hate to have Torts screaming in anyone’s ear with the exception of maybe JV.  

Edit: How long did it take the Sedins to figure out playoff hockey despite their coaches?  EP and BB didn’t take any time and QHs took 1.5 games ...

He'd have driven Petey out by now for not blocking enough shots

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Take that win any day of the week!

only critique is the PP is way to lethargic ...needs to play with more urgency and out work the PK by bring more energy and quicker feet...passing was way off.

Boeser did good to get the rebound off of EP40's blast...that's the effort they need to be successful on the PP.

Canucks PK was excellent

and Marky was working hard to make the saves...definitely the first star.

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Say what you want about that rat like move.

I like Fail as a player.  The kids all heart and gives me some shades of young Burrows in his swagger and the way he treats the other team.  We'd love to have a guy like him

I'm glad Sutter ran him :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I'm in the thank god for a myers playing tough camp. Guy took 7 penalties in 3 games. Keep in  mind probably 2 or 3 won't get called deeper in the playoffs. 

He is instilling fear. He has absolutely pasted some guys into the boards without getting penalized.  Playing rough and tough. Bieksa or Mitchell come to mind. Playoff teams need that.

I like that he's a bit of a loose cannon. It is a game changer for a team everyone used to think we're daisies

Myers - Tryamkin  pairing....    LOL 

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, I see a difference in them.

We're not milking anything to draw penalties either. Marky gets a shove, he doesn't try to sell it....Petey has been all out brutalised...takes it on the chin, keeps working.

Good stuff.

haha, I made a comment after last game, that maybe Stalock went to Mike Smith school of Diving.

After the Rooster penalty I am sure of it.

Skated right into Roussell, who was stopping and avoiding, then sells the "hit"

we should create an award called, "The Mike Smith Memorial Trophy" and give it ot the goalie who is the best salesman each year, he could share it with the most gullible referee .

Edited by lmm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, I am really a bit surprised at the criticisms. 

3 penalties. Anyone with eyes could see a couple were at least debatable.

We have begged for our team to show some grit. Our biggest body sends some messages, the team gets a shutout and wins by 3....what am I missing?

You are missing nothing and your view is bang on correct.

Some posters here are actually whining about the Canucks performance when they just won a very physical playoff level game 3 to 0??  Haha.

Makes no sense. I suppose some fans could never be happy. Oh well.

Excellent game CANUCKS!!!    :towel:

• Vintage 2