The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The good and bad so far

Rate this topic

The ugly....Saros in net for the Preds.  Looks like he's been fighting the puck, letting in some soft goals.  And his puck handling outside the crease hasn't been very good either. 

The bad....the whole Bruins team has looked pretty bad.  Players look unmotivated, careless even.  Haven't seen all their games in entirety, but what I have seen is some very uninspired hockey.

The good....Both the play of Quinn Hughes and Kirby Dach as rookies. Hughes' puck control and decision making has been extremely impressive for any defenseman, let alone a rookie.  Shows so much poise for his age and he controls the game so well.  Dach's size, reach, and speed has left me pleasantly surprised.  Combined with his compete level, he should progress nicely into a good top 6 center. 

Also with the good....Shea Weber and Jonathan Toews both look like they found the fountain of youth. Both players were huge reasons their teams advanced. 

A minor point, but I'm going to put the number of penalty shots called in the "good" category. Zebras have been reluctant to call it for decades and now, the benefit of the doubt seems to have shifted in favor of calling it.

Definitely adds to the excitement, IMO....