The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Panthers to part ways with GM Dale Tallon

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, costanza7 said:

Were surrendering high 2nd round picks for Vey, Baer and Gudbranson part of this "Benning vision" ?

6M x 6 ! for Erix

If anyone in here disagrees with him being an absolute JOKE as a GM..

List EVERY move he has made as GM and grade them 1-10.

The avg grade would be WELL below 4, even if being generous

Why would I waste my time on such nonsense. Best GM since Quinn. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, warrchief said:

Huh? There was other terrible moves he did when he came back to power. Giving up Trochek for nothing... Trading Reilly Smith so Vegas will draft Marchessault. :picard:

That was his moves, not so much Rowes.

Lots of teams gave up players to Vegas like that. Look what Minny gave up... a budding young power forward Tuch.. CBJ gave up Karlsson who scored 40+ goals his first season in Vegas.  Many teams gave up high picks..  

Those players weren't the same with their previous teams as they became with Vegas..JB has said he'd be willing to do something like that to protect Demko in the Seattle expansion draft.. 

Trocheck is a 10 goal 35 Pts player making 4.75 mill.. lol

That trade got 2 prospects and Wallmark a 24 year old C with upside and more goals than Trocheck last season. Plus Haula 12 goals in 41 games...but hes UFA and likely gone in summer.

So 4.75 mill 10g 35 pts out 2 prospects and RFA Wallmark in. After signing Wallmark they should have 3.5 mill to sign another player this summer..

Tallon did a great job in Chicago building all that talent before the Bowmans came in and the team started winning cups. He's also drafted well and brought in all those great young players in FLD..

It's time for a change in FLD so I don't have a big issue with it but Tallon will get a job in NHL when ever he wants. I do think he takes a break for a year or so. 

Edited by WHL rocks

2 hours ago, costanza7 said:

Yup...would stand his record as a GM next to Bennings all day long.

I would prob grade them an 8.5 and a 2 so far in their respective careers.

Tallon has longer in the business but we could use the last decade I guess..

The panthers have made the playoffs twice over 10 seasons

The Panthers have had 4 top-3 draft picks under Tallon (Gudbranson, Barkov, Huberdeau, Ekblad). Other notable draft picks include Bjustad, Matheson, Trochek, Dadanov (?). I'm not familiar enough with their other prospects.

Worst signing would be Bobrovsky 7years x 10m

Trades off of the top of my head would be Gudbranson for McCann; McCann + Bjustad for ________; I'm sure there are others

The Canucks are on the verge of making the playoffs for a second time in the last 6seasons

The Canucks have had 0 top-3 draft picks under Benning. Notable draft picks of Pettersson, Boeser, Virtanen and more yet to be determined (Rathbone, Podkolzin, Hoglander)

Worst signing would be LE 6x6

Trades JT Miller was a win, Gudbranson didn't work out but neither did McCann for florida; Vey was no good, Motte for Vanek was good

2 hours ago, costanza7 said:

Thanks for supporting my point ...

Defend Dumbo if you think he's a good GM...

Should be no need to insult me

What give you the right to insult JB?

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Convinced ownership that if they threw millions of dollars at the biggest profile goalie and coach, they’d have a winner. Instead they’re losing more money than ever.

Remember when he traded Reilly Smith and Marchessault to protect Petrovic? Or when he screwed up all the RFA offers in Chicago? How did this tool still have a job? :lol:

He also screwed the Hawks by tying up $12m of cap space in Khabibulin and Huet.

On the flip side, he also drafted Babchuk (1), Keith(2), Wizniewski(5), Byfuglien(8), Crawford(2), Seabrook(2), Brouwer (7), Bolland (3), Hjarlmarsson (4), Toews and Kane.  As well as bringing in top FA's Hossa and Campbell.  Pulled off some pretty sweet trades like Matt Ellison for Patrick Sharp (probably the best trade EVER in Blackhawks history), Brandon Bochenski for 2 time Cup winner Kris Versteeg, and Tuomo Ruuttu for Andrew Ladd.

Personally, I can think of FAR worse people than Dsle Tallon to be GM of a hockey team.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, costanza7 said:

Were surrendering high 2nd round picks for Vey, Baer and Gudbranson part of this "Benning vision" ?

6M x 6 ! for Erix

You first. You can't call Benning the worst GM in the league among other, worse things, and "prove it" by cherry picking some low risk moves that didn't work (and a signing that had promise but clearly didn't work out). Quit trolling or back up your extreme statements.

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

PSA - don't bother replying to constanza7 anymore. 

Crap, I shoulda known I'd be late to the party.

Edited by elvis15
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, costanza7 said:

6M x 6 ! for Erix

I'd like to see which banned account was used here previously.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

He also screwed the Hawks by tying up $12m of cap space in Khabibulin and Huet.

On the flip side, he also drafted Babchuk (1), Keith(2), Wizniewski(5), Byfuglien(8), Crawford(2), Seabrook(2), Brouwer (7), Bolland (3), Hjarlmarsson (4), Toews and Kane.  As well as bringing in top FA's Hossa and Campbell.  Pulled off some pretty sweet trades like Matt Ellison for Patrick Sharp (probably the best trade EVER in Blackhawks history), Brandon Bochenski for 2 time Cup winner Kris Versteeg, and Tuomo Ruuttu for Andrew Ladd.

Personally, I can think of FAR worse people than Dsle Tallon to be GM of a hockey team.

He'll get a new job pretty damn quickly.  I'd hire him in a heartbeat to run a team that needs a rebuild.

8 hours ago, costanza7 said:

6M x 6 ! for Erix

Hi Mike Gillis, still no luck finding another team willing to give you another chance?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, costanza7 said:

Waste of time ...I know his record....

It's an absolute joke.

I tell you what...you list his good moves and I'll list his bad ones.

It won't even be close

You'll be done very quickly

I'll start:

Drafted Boeser

Drafted Pettersson

Drafted Hughes

• Like 1