The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Your post made me think that a rink shaped like a "Y" where 3 teams face off against each other at the same time. Anyone can score on any other team's goalie. That would be a beautiful thing to watch.

I dunno. They have to add more refs which would make it less enjoyable because they'd be forced to call 50% more penalties.

Fuc Yeah!

Canucks just beat a very good team...

...Quinn Hughes is a beauty....like how Ferraro is talking about him now...(there has never been a dman in Vancouver history as talented as Q, he is a special player, there has only been two players this special ...Pavel Bure and now Quinn Hughes) after the Eastern media voted for Makar to win the Calder.

Now they (East media) get to witness the real deal calder trophy winner (QH) in another series.

• Huggy Bear 2

Can't understand Markstrom tonight though. I mean,  that is as bad as I have seen a goaltender play here. It is actually quite concerning.  Like not even a shadow of what he was during the season.  He looked completely detached. It's not the first time this series either. Bad games are one thing......that was horrendous. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thoughts

1. Sutter,  Eriksson and Beagle they earned their money in this series

2. It will be fun to watch Huggy Bear for the next 15 years

3. Bo played a great game....A GREAT GAME!

4. Boeser deserved an assist on the game winner.........great screen!

5. Juolevi look pretty solid in his minutes, and this experience is great for him.......made a great outlet pass

6. Total character builder!

7. They tried to shut down Miller/Pettersson/Boeser, and that left Bo and Co to do their damage

8. Just a damn good series to watch...........very satisfying's....VERY!

Pretty good for his first game, let alone first "playoff game". Wasn't asked to do a lot, but i don't think I saw any mistakes. I was really suprised he started over Benn. Our bottom 6 played a massive part in winning the series

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thoughts

5. Juolevi look pretty solid in his minutes, and this experience is great for him.......made a great outlet pass

7. They tried to shut down Miller/Pettersson/Boeser, and that left Bo and Co to do their damage

Big Mac was a beast...with his limited minutes.

Green even had him out in the last 2 minutes of the game

• Cheers 3

Just now, filthycanuck said:

Pretty good for his first game, let alone first "playoff game". Wasn't asked to do a lot, but i don't think I saw any mistakes. I was really suprised he started over Benn. Our bottom 6 played a massive part in winning the series

Benn isn’t available he just had a kid a few days ago.

Just now, filthycanuck said:

Isn't Benn still in quarantine? 

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thoughts

Totally agree, these guys are here to teach the next generation how to play in the only part of the season that matters. So far so good 

• Cheers 2

the loser of the Stars vs Blues game will play Canucks and the winner will play the Flames...

We will see how hard these teams will play tomorrow....whether they want to play the Canucks or whether they want to play the Flames.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Can't understand Markstrom tonight though. I mean,  that is as bad as I have seen a goaltender play here. It is actually quite concerning.  Like not even a shadow of what he was during the season.  He looked completely detached. It's not the first time this series either. Bad games are one thing......that was horrendous. 

Things happen. It was a back to back game. He will bounce back with a bit of rest.

The team was joking about it after -  how its about time they repayed Marky and put him on their back - gotta stay loose

23 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Trying to come up with something and all I can think about is...............

I can't believe all those teams passed on Hughes (Huggy Bear)

Great series for him!

Dahlin
Svech
Kotkanemi
B. Tkachuk
Hayton
Zadina

Anyone want to trade?  Nah me neither.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1