The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Trying to come up with something and all I can think about is...............

I can't believe all those teams passed on Hughes (Huggy Bear)

Great series for him!

It's gotta especially sting for the last 2 picks before Hughes. Hayton and Zadina lol. 

I have no idea what Hayton pick was about but Detroit blew it. They had the privilege of watching /scouting him all year at Michigan and then coach him at the World's first hand lol. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

It's gotta especially sting for the last 2 picks before Hughes. Hayton and Zadina lol. 

I have no idea what Hayton pick was about but Detroit blew it. They had the privilege of watching /scouting him all year at Michigan and then coach him at the World's first hand lol. 

Ya Detroit passing on him was a head scratcher.  Oh well :)

38 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Hayton will be the heart of that team for the next decade. he's their horvat+ ... just give him a few years. that said, I'd still take the perennial norris candidate that fell to us instead, but I can understand their logic, especially with conventional wisdom casting doubt on hughes translating to the NHL because of his size (conventional wisdom is usually stupid).

• Vintage 1

the only thing that Marky needs to clean up and get better at is his short side coverage on the near post...he was beaten 3 times there.

...one suggestion is stand the fuc up and get square to the shooter....just like Martin does (Marty B).

...cause whatever they got going there...it ain't working.

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1

What a feeling to make the playoffs! In this series our best players were our best players. And our support players were the best they could be. Our two remaining players from the last playoff team, Edler and Tanev, played their hearts out. What a pair of warriors!

Coach Green deserves some credit. He made the necessary adjustments after the first game, both in tactics and in the lineup, and got the results. So do we keep him?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

the only thing that Marky needs to clean up and get better at is his short side coverage on the near post...he was beaten 3 times there.

...one suggestion is stand the fuc up and get square to the shooter....just like Martin does (Marty B).

...cause whatever they got going there...it ain't working.

He could have been better last night.

He is one of the best in the game. He should be in Vezina consideration. We owe most of our success to him. 

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

So now that we are in the playoffs the minimum our draft pick we surrender to New Jersey will be what position? 16?

I'm not sure how the play-in's will factor in. But we are the highest play-in seed heading into the playoffs out west.

Believe we would be higher than 16 probably in the 20-24 range?