The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

It would be great to see Juolevi get the nod over Benn and Fanta, OJ looked calm out there and made some good passes...

OJ, Mac, LE were good....very interested to see who comes out when TT comes back...JV might be a candidate for the pressbox...since Mac and LE play a more all round game...as long as the top six keep scoring with the help of Hughes from the backend.

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm pretty sure I couldn't have survived a Sunday game.

Intense.

Whew.

That was amazing...they just showed their resilience and composure.  It's almost like I'm trained to think that, once we're a goal behind, that the doors blow off and we pack it in.  so nice when they just don't.  that SCF wrecked me but I think I'm finally working through it. This game really helped.

You're not the only one!  From the WCE era through 2008-2014, we had great talent but weren't mentally strong.  This group is.  We're all going to heal over the coming years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The face appears only after they lose a series. :) 

Is that Stalock's face :bigblush: 

he was so pissed last night. Dean Evason as well. That hand shake with Green I could see the anger in Dean LOL

Edited by Rush17
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Sorry should have said what's the minimum position - 16th correct?

CGY ARZ  MTL  CAR are are ranked lower than us. So if any of them lose in the 1st round they'll get higher pick than us.. 

It's likely our pick that goes in the Miller trade to NJD will be around 20th overall. 

10 minutes ago, Whalespray said:

I thought only this years was lotto protected.

Yes only this year's was protected..  if we dididn't beat Minny and missed playoffs next year and won the lottery we'd have to give that to NJD. 

So good thing we made the playoffs and don't have to worry about that even though we lost out on 12.5% chance at Laffy. That's the same odds as finishing last in the entire league during regular season..

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

CGY ARZ  MTL  CAR are are ranked lower than us. So if any of them lose in the 1st round they'll get higher pick than us.. 

It's likely our pick that goes in the Miller trade to NJD will be around 20th overall. 

Yes only this year's was protected..  if we dididn't beat Minny and missed playoffs next year and won the lottery we'd have to give that to NJD. 

So good thing we made the playoffs and don't have to worry about that even though we lost out on 12.5% chance at Laffy. That's the same odds as finishing last in the entire league during regular season..

idk....kind of hope the Wild win the lottery...imagine if the Oilers or Pitt wins...or the make beliefs...lol

...hats off to the Le Canadiens for beating the Pens and foregoing the chance at the franchise Quebec kid...Hab fans must be beside themselves, or at least do not know what to think...I know this because my next team, a long way back of the Canucks, are the Habs.

Edited by Pete M
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

This win has the vibes of the young 2009 Blackhawks team. Anything from here onward is bonus for me, I am glad they offically clinched a playoff spot!

Agreed, but I'm glad you said it and not me since I don't want to think about that Chicago team when enjoying what we've got right now.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Horvat has been beyond good in the last three games, he has come through big time!

...I needed to recognize that...give credit where it is due.

His drive to the net goal kept us in this.  Came through when he needed to for sure.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Is that Stalock's face :bigblush: 

he was so pissed last night. Dean Evason as well. That hand shake with Green I could see the anger in Dean LOL

I truly feel that the Wild expected to have this in the bag.  But, even by being "gifted" some blind eyes to infractions that allowed them to (at times, not always) get away with more, they fell short.  I think they thought they had an edge and we'd just fall away.  But the boys didn't let any of it deter them.  Such a gritty win....love it!

Even Stalock's increasing confidence with being allowed to get away with stuff backfired a bit.  He was over amplified and sometimes "too" involved.  That Rous penalty, for instance, was an example of that.

• Cheers 1

Haven't been this excited since 2011.

2012 and 2013 felt like a miasma on the team. 

2015 was just a last kick on the can for the Sedins.

2020.... feels a little bit like magic.  Different heroes each game.  Petterson doing his best in Game 1, JT Miller for Game 2, Markstrom the stalwart for Game 3, and Hughes as the hero for Game 4.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My Hartman voodoo doll (and Huggy Bears) from last night ... going to have to make a new one for the next opponents (been doing this for years...all in fun.  Or is it?)  :towel:

image.png

Are you sure you don't know my mother or are related to us ? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1