The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The Canucks looked a little slow out of the gate but showed great resiliency in coming back from deficits.  Marky has bailed out the Canucks many times (won games for them) and this time the team rallied around him and bailed him out.  Great to see.  Good team win and great to see Tanev get the winning goal (he has done so much for this team over the years).

That was probably the most chippy and physical series of the preliminary round.

i think the experience will serve them well.  Petey was mugged and abused. He wasn’t intimidated and pushed back.  They can use this as more of a springboard than if they played a less physical team like Chicago who like to run and gun and exchange chances.  They showed us that they can handle a physical series and I’m sure this will boost their confidence. 

Moving forward, assuming they get to play Dallas, they will have to deal with more offensive weapons and will have to be more disciplined.   I think EP and JT will step it up a notch too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

the only thing that Marky needs to clean up and get better at is his short side coverage on the near post...he was beaten 3 times there.

...one suggestion is stand the fuc up and get square to the shooter....just like Martin does (Marty B).

...cause whatever they got going there...it ain't working.

I'm wondering if it's too late to be making fundemental adjustments in playing style.  That might need to be in the offseason with his goalie coach. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, reyezone said:

It was actually Roger Takahashi that he was loving up there in the tunnel 

Oh you're right...Gaud was behind them.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Manny whooped it up pretty big too...he's a big part of this team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

OMG I completely forgot those were a thing it’s been so long.  I’m going to have to go to my attic and search for it now.

Found it.  The plastic is actually starting to turn yellow lol I got it back in like 2009 or 2010.

E8AA7D80-95A4-44AC-80E7-D96CB748975E.jpeg

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2