The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Not sure of this is for PGT or separate thread, but due to time difference I don’t get to watch as many games in full as you guys watch so wanted to see people’s thoughts.

Last night it seemed that the wild had a plan to shoot tight to the post of Markstroms blocker side, with a lot of shots from a number of different players. They got two goals from it.

Over the past couple of seasons I have seen a few goals he’s given up in similar circumstances but never really thought of it as a trend or a weakness as it seemed only few and far between. 

However with  the wild actively targeting that area - is this a known weakness of his or something that they have analysed and thought looked like a weaker area of his to try and exploit. 

If so is this a worry moving forward and could it set a blueprint on how to beat him?

Edited by UKNuck96

I was really turned off the 'Covid' games; especially after watching an earlier game (Montreal).  I missed the fan reactions and it just seemed like there was no feedback for the Refs questionable decisions; giving them way too much power.  I didn't watch the 1st Canuck game, but checked out the 2nd/3rd periods of game 2.  Short term: I got hooked and watch the reamining 2.  I am so impressed with out team, each and every player.  It's so great to see the previoulsy injured guys playing how we always expected them to play.  Brock has his guick release back, Sutter has his SC game back, Tanev plays injury free, Pearson playing like a playoff beast, Meyers removing anyone coming near the net and of course, the injury plagued...Olli Juolevi getting his first NHL game under his belt. 

Really excited to see how this team is coming together.  Their character is no longer in question.  Thinking about the upcoming rookies (Podz, Hogs, Rathbone, etc) is making me feel giddy about the future of the Vancouver Canucks:towel:

Edited by higgyfan
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I was really turned off the 'Covid' games; especially after watching an earlier game (Montreal).  I missed the fan reactions and it just seemed like there was no feedback for the Refs questionable decisions; giving them way too much power.  I didn't watch the 1st Canuck game, but checked out the 2nd/3rd periods.  Short term: I got hooked and watch the reamining 2.  I am so impressed with out team, each and every player.  It's so great to see the previoulsy injured guys playing how we always expected them to play.  Brock has his guick release back, Sutter has his SC game back, Tanev plays injury free, Pearson playing like a playoff beast, Meyers removing anyone coming near the net and of course, the injury plagued...Olli Juolevi getting his first NHL game under his belt. 

Really excited to see how this team is coming together.  Their character is no longer in question.  Thinking about the upcoming rookies (Podz, Hogs, Rathbone, etc) is making me feel giddy about the future of the Vancouver Canucks:towel:

Apart from a few teams (Boston) the intensity and quality of the games has been a lot higher than expected,

I guess that’s what you get when you are pitching healthy teams up against each other post season rather than the usual strapping players up and hoping they last 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Anyone notice how Eddy looks 5 years younger out there. He's been physical as heck. Hughes has relieved Eddy of too many minutes and he just looks fresh out there. Should be good for a year or two contract extension after this one is up.

That’s what 4 months can do of rest for a warrior like Eddy 

• Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel that Bo's goal was HUGE in respect to his captaincy.  He isn't the loudest, biggest stand out but he came through when it mattered and...that matters.  People (including me at times) have questioned his leadership but this should put that discussion to rest.  He knew what had to be done and he did it.

GO BO!

Agreed. I posted in GDT Horvat needed that goal. He came thru when he was needed most.. like true leaders always do..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

JT is an absolute beauty.   Man, that was such a huge deal for us and there's no denying that we are "whole" with him in the line up.  Can't say enough about Dada.

Arguably the best trade JB has made. He drafts well, but trades more of a hit and miss. 

Watching not only all the pre and post game stuff, but during the game you could see the Canucks reactions to goals compared to the Wild. The Canucks have been amped up to be in this playoffs, they're hungry and surprisingly so for a team that's relatively young. A lot of it is fuelled by the veterans of course - look at the reactions from Miller, Pearson and even guys like Roussel and Beagle who's won it already.

These guys are setting the tone in the locker room for guys like Bo, Pettersson, Hughes and Brock to take on their shoulders in the future. Right now as far as I'm concerned, as great a Captain as Bo is, I'd have to say J.T Miller is the driving force of this team not only on the ice but emotionally too. Very similar to Kesler's impact in 2011, probably more of an emotional guy whereas Henrik was the quiet captain.  Of course they're not going to strip Bo of the captaincy but for me right now Miller seems to be a stand-out leader on this team.

• Cheers 1