The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Bo was captain clutch last night, he really reminded me of Toews in clinching games!

1 hour ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Team looks good.  Ironically for all the LE and Sutter hate that's been out there these two are looking like an integral and valuable part of the team.  Like Green said, he can use LE in so many different situations.  Sutter looks real good at center.  

I wanted to save my judgement for our players for when they show their "true colors" in the playoffs. I don't put too much weight on their regular season performances but rather who "Steps Up" at this time of year is what I am looking for. I have seen an indication for those that we need to........... keep around. ::D

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Is that a Dodge Calibre? ^_^

Lol, I thought that flag was actually coming out of that (spit) Alberta car. I was going say that's one huge flag. lol

LMAO 100% a Caliber - girlfriend has had it since 2012.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I watch that Miller lineup read a 1000 times

Fkin awesome. Thats a good part of hockey culture. 

Even the pearson part. I love that stuff. That type of razzing is right up my ally. Makes me think they're a tight group.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

There are certainly moments where Hughes really looks like a unique talent in NHL history. Other Dmen have possibly done the things he does, but maybe no one in quite the same way as Huggy. Certainly, when it comes to comparables, the list is rather short (and made of some very impressive names), but no one player seems quite right. Hughes is Hughes. And he’s ours. 

Well Hughes is probably never going to come close to Orr or Coffey.  But he's off to a good enough start that I guess nothing should be ruled out.  I have been drawing comparisons to Housley and Reinhart and that's an extremely high bar, which so far he is on the way to reaching.  Reinhart was known to ramp up his scoring even more in the playoffs - his playoff numbers in Calgary were astonishing - and Hughes pulled a Reinhart in his first ever playoff series.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

5 hours ago, I'm Your Huckleberry said:

As a fan, I love these little glimpses into team dynamics. JT Miller is a beauty. Look how stoked Huggy is when he calls his name. Also, did I hear "Tequila Tanev"?  

I've watched this JT clip at least 10 times.  He's a beauty. Love how he mixed it up.  Hyping up all the starters except Tanner P.  And I love the Tequila nickname too.  Did you noticed the Myers miming drinking Tequila shots.  Quinny was super pumped.  It's cool to see this after they showed how amped up everyone was when Tanny scored the OT winner.  I think Myers was the happiest for Tanman.

Also check out the interview with Huggy and Tanman.  Tanman says Quinn will be the best defenseman in the league in a year or two and Huggy says how much playing with Tanev has meant to him.  You can tell how much this team likes and supports each other.

Let's go boys.  Next up the Star or Blues.  And just saying I believe the Canucks are 2-0 in the play-offs against both teams.

Edited by Cali Canuck
more info

Wow, i really think our D corps stepped up this series....  great in their own zone and they chipped in with a ton of offense.

Really amazing how well they did.  I did not see this coming.  Very impressive  level of play from them all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Henrik - Pettersson

Daniel - Boeser

Kesler - Miller

Samuelsson - Pearson

Burrows - Roussel

Raymond - Toffoli

Higgins - Sutter

Lapierre - Motte

Torres - Horvat

Hansen - Virtanen

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Myers

Salo - Myers

Edler - Edler

Tanev - Juolevi / Fantenberg

Luongo - Markstrom

I put Myers as a combo of Bieksa and Salo, because he has a boom of a shot and he provides a lot of physicality. 

Not listed:

2011 - Glass, Tambellini, Oreksovich, Rome and Ballard, etc. Kinda meh.

2020 - Beagle, MacEwen, Gaudette, Eriksson and Stecher. Better. 

Pretty good except Horvat is much better/more important than Torres.  Maybe Kelser/Horvat and Burrows/Miller?   I see why you did it but Rooster is not as good / important as Burrows.  

• Cheers 1