The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The game plan to beat the Stars...

Close the gap in the Neutral zone and challenge the puck carrier at or before the blue line with the forwards coming back hard on the back check.

The Stars create a lot off the rush....if they stop the chances off the rush, then they will beat the Stars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Bring 'em on, I say

Might as well see how we stack up against the best over a 7 game series.

We are going to have to get past two pretty good teams to reach the Conference Finals, why not start with the SCW?

This year's main goal is get playoff experience. Dallas may seem like an easier opponent on paper, but I have no problem facing St Louis either. Either we win against a big time opponent and carry a lot of momentum from it or we lose and gain very valuable experience against the most recent Stanley Cup champions.

If we face Dallas, hopefully we have an easier time and continue to gradually build the momentum to face a tougher challenge. Losing against them would feel much more disappointing. No shame in it, but it's not the best competition we could face and that's how you challenge yourself. Watching The Last Dance, Jordan took exception when losing against the best at the time. Pettersson seems like a player with that kind of drive that needs that challenge.

21 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Close the gap in the Neutral zone and challenge the puck carrier at or before the blue line with the forwards coming back hard on the back check.

The Stars create a lot off the rush....if they stop the chances off the rush, then they will beat the Stars.

Don’t forget to look out for Cory Perry cheapshots behind the play.

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Would have to think Big Mac would come out for Gaudette just to provide some more offense in the bottom 6.

I think JV stays at this point and possibly gets moved to the 4th line with Hockey Gaud taking Sutters wing on the 3rd?

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My guess is they’re going to keep things air tight on Toffoli.

Only way we’ll know if he’s good is when/if he starts to practice.

If he is still in the bubble then not going to do much considering he will be walking past other teams, yes the top 6 are at the Marriott and the Canucks are not but I’m sure the info will get out

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

I thought the game plan to beat the Stars was to get in Turko’s head....

:bigblush: