The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I mean the Blues are obviously a monumental challenge, but I really had a bad feeling about the Stars.

I think they may have been in our head a bit. Our record against them over the past 5 years would be brought up again and again. Don’t want that in our boys minds before they go into a series.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I feel like the blues are a better team than Dallas.. do we matchup better against them tho??? Idk.

This felt like the end of the 2012 season watching LA vs SJ to see who we'd play.

Except in 2012 we had all the expectations on us, this year the expectations are on St Louis.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Except in 2012 we had all the expectations on us, this year the expectations are on St Louis.

I know. I didn't mean to compare the teams, just the feeling of being in already & watching for your opponent.

Edit: and both of them being tough matchups

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

I think we have a better chance against The Blues. We had a lot more trouble against Dallas.

Benn and Seguin thrive against us. It seems like they always put in extra effort against us. 

Dallas seem to be the masters of tying games late too. Hate that.

• Cheers 1

Playing St. Louis could be a blessing in disguise. If we play Dallas, we may have the pressure from media that we could win the series and all that. No one expect us to beat St. Louis, and we can play with low pressure and it could work to our benefit. Let's brace the challenge.

Just now, ruilin96 said:

Playing St. Louis could be a blessing in disguise. If we play Dallas, we may have the pressure from media that we could win the series and all that. No one expect us to beat St. Louis, and we can play with low pressure and it could work to our benefit. Let's brace the challenge.

Also if you’re going to beat the best, no better chance than round 1 when you’re healthy (and hopefully rolling).

• Cheers 2