The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pool: Blues or Stars?

Rate this topic

ItalianCanuck1

Blues or Stars?   

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely most definitely the Dallas Stars..

They were playing pretty bad hockey before the Covid 19 shutdown and now they are playing very poor hockey and lost two straight..  soon to be three straight when they play the Blues..

I think we have a good chance to beat the Stars. They haven't played an intense game like the last 4 we just played vs Minny. Both their games have been uninspired. 

• Upvote 1

After few days rest, I believe Marky will be hot again.

After the physical series game with Wild, our team earns lots of confidence and playoff experience.

No matter Blues or Stars, we have great opportunities to beat them. 

For more easy, I vote Stars as they are weak in the past two games.

Stars. Blues are deep and most of their cup winning lineup is still intact. They'll be hungry to repeat.

We lost the season series to the Stars, but I think we've got more offensive weapons and we'll be coming in with momentum. Their goaltending and defensive play are concerns but I feel we could break through. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

So we play vs the Stars or the Blues. Fingers crossed its the Stars where I think we have a good chance of beating. Then we are up against the winners of Blues v. Flames. Where we also have a very good chance of winnining!! So we are in place to actually go to the Conference Finals if we do things right. 

8 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I’d rather play the Stars.

Blues will be motivated to play us since they know that we’ve gotten the better of them in our regular season battles.   

We’ve also just come out of a physically demanding series, and so playing another physically demanding series could lead to some of our “brittle” guys getting banged up (I.e. Edler, Tanev, Sutter, the usual suspects).

Talent wise, Dallas isn’t really that far ahead of us, and if they lose to St.Louis on Sunday and are at 0-3 for the round-robin, they could be facing a confidence crisis.   The Blues on the other hand, are less likely to suffer from a confidence crisis since they can draw on their comeback season (and subsequent cup victory) from last season for motivation.   Dallas has been underperforming in the playoffs for a few years now (or at least whenever they’ve qualified), and so they could be feeling a lot of pressure as well.

I vote Dallas, and I think they’d be realistically beatable.

Dallas plays a similar defensive style to MIN so not a lot of adjustments there, again one of the better defensive teams in the league.   Their goaltender is better though ...  St Louis would be fine too, I don’t think either team is going to be that much harder then the series we just had.   MIN was one of the hotter teams coming in and we were able to overcome that... Whomever we draw will be hungry but think Dallas would be the easier of the two if I had to pick one it would be them.   Plus like I’ve seen already want St Louis softened up a little first...

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Stars are almost certainly the weaker team, but their goaltending does scare me. Reminds me of Boston or Tampa in 2011. I ended up wishing for Tampa in the end.

TB was the favourite to win that series ... and I remember going sh!t I hope we don’t have to play Boston (which was against the grain at the time) - felt TB would have been a lot easier ... bad luck..

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

We get what we get and don't get upset 

Thanks mom ^_^ 

6 hours ago, Rabbit said:

After few days rest, I believe Marky will be hot again.

After the physical series game with Wild, our team earns lots of confidence and playoff experience.

No matter Blues or Stars, we have great opportunities to beat them. 

For more easy, I vote Stars as they are weak in the past two games.

My thoughts exactly and how the team needs to think - we can beat anyone in this league.

I also prefer the Stars over defending champs lol

8 hours ago, Drakrami said:

So we play vs the Stars or the Blues. Fingers crossed its the Stars where I think we have a good chance of beating. Then we are up against the winners of Blues v. Flames. Where we also have a very good chance of winnining!! So we are in place to actually go to the Conference Finals if we do things right. 

Wait wouldn’t we more than likely be facing Vegas or Colorado if we advanced unless them being upset by Arizona/Chicago 

For me anything after this is gravy. Of course you want to win, but to quote WCW Nitro’s old tagline, “this is where the big boys play!” The Canucks earned their way here and will now get to face a solid opponent in a best of 7, a brand new experience for a lot of these guys. I’m looking forward to seeing how they compete!

Regular season battles against Dallas have usually ended with a Green postgame interview telling us what a heavy team they have. 

St. Louis has been embarrassed by the Canucks on occasion but had a strategy the last time of using their big defensive box to keep the Canucks on the perimeter. 

Dallas is definitely the weaker opponent, but the Canucks are probably more confident against St.Louis. 

My hope is the new found team toughness the Canucks showed against Minnesota can neutralize how Dallas plays against us. 

I don’t care which one we face , but I would rather Calgary have to play St.Louis instead of the easiest path.