The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQF: (3) Dallas Stars vs. (6) Calgary Flames | Stars win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 02:30 AM

Just now, D-Money said:

Flames fought hard to tie it. But once they did, they all say back, waiting for OT. Looked almost scared & disorganized, Perry found a wide open passing lane and that was it.

fire-extinguishing-balls.gif

Just checked out highlights

Beauty play on GW

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Just checked out highlights

Beauty play on GW

Yeah, but at the same time, terrible D coverage.

I can’t remember seeing a team so shaken by their own success. It was like. “Wow! I can’t believe we tied it... ...now what?” They went into a defensive shell, but it was very poorly executed.

Just curious about what people think....

Several months ago, we were having a discussing about Boeser. At the time, he was struggling a bit to regain his rookie form and I wondered out loud a bit about the possibility of Dallas trading us Miro Heiskanen straight up for Brock. (I wasn't really serious, more just spitballing)

The general response was of shock that I would even consider such a sacrilegious idea and several "confused" emojis. (The best response was from a poster who quite rightly opined that Brock probably would be enough for the Stars to consider it)

Since people have had a real chance to see MH play, I wonder what people's thoughts would be now?

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yeah, but at the same time, terrible D coverage.

I can’t remember seeing a team so shaken by their own success. It was like. “Wow! I can’t believe we tied it... ...now what?” They went into a defensive shell, but it was very poorly executed.

Looked like they all jumped on the ice just to watch the puck lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Several months ago, we were having a discussing about Boeser. At the time, he was struggling a bit to regain his rookie form and I wondered out loud a bit about the possibility of Dallas trading us Miro Heiskanen straight up for Brock. (I wasn't really serious, more just spitballing)

The general response was of shock that I would even consider such a sacrilegious idea and several "confused" emojis. (The best response was from a poster who quite rightly opined that Brock probably would be enough for the Stars to consider it)

Since people have had a real chance to see MH play, I wonder what people's thoughts would be now?

Would you trade Quinn Hughes for Patrick Laine?

Because that’s essentially what you’re suggesting the Stars would do here.

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

any shock would be if Dallas didn't hang up after the first "m" out of JB's mouth.  BB and MH aren't even in the same universe.

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Would you trade Quinn Hughes for Patrick Laine?

Because that’s essentially what you’re suggesting the Stars would do here.

No, I wouldn't. And even when I said it, I realized that it was one of those "pie in the sky" ideas. What surprised me was how many people believed that the Canucks would be getting the short end of the stick in such a deal.

• Cheers 2

The thing that has me wondering if we've slipped into an alternate universe is this, did Bieksa actually say nice things about Corey Perry earlier today?

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

The thing that has me wondering if we've slipped into an alternate universe is this, did Bieksa actually say nice things about Corey Perry earlier today?

regards,  G.

temporary teammates

17 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

giving a lot of respect for cuthbert and debrusk for pulling double duty. you'd think they'd give the guys the rest of the night off and switch to the stars feed or something

Fishermens Friend at intermission

13 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

quite a trade up - to a 3rd overall pmd who is living up to the pedigree. 

I'm not sure Marner gets you Heiskanen - I know he doesn't if I'm the GM and you're trying to get me to part with him for a winger.

(notice that I avoided talking about BB....I love Boeser - but I think Heiskanen is the type of player you draft - or you simply don't get him.)  Which is why I still celebrate that Arizona Hayton pick...  couldn't believe it - and with Detroit seeming to be dialed in to Zadina at the time, it seemed that Yotes pick pretty much gifted us the totally unexpected chance to draft Hughes at 7.  Dropping that one spot did not cost as much as it seemed it might (nor did dropping 3 spots in EP's draft - as much the franchise needed a Heiskanen or Makar -  those spots lost in the lottery certainly don't hurt that much looking back.

22 minutes ago, oldnews said:

quite a trade up - to a 3rd overall pmd who is living up to the pedigree. 

I'm not sure Marner gets you Heiskanen - I know he doesn't if I'm the GM and you're trying to get me to part with him for a winger.

(notice that I avoided talking about BB....I love Boeser - but I think Heiskanen is the type of player you draft - or you simply don't get him.)  Which is why I still celebrate that Arizona Hayton pick...  couldn't believe it - and with Detroit seeming to be dialed in to Zadina at the time, it seemed that Yotes pick pretty much gifted us the totally unexpected chance to draft Hughes at 7.  Dropping that one spot did not cost as much as it seemed it might (nor did dropping 3 spots in EP's draft - as much the franchise needed a Heiskanen or Makar -  those spots lost in the lottery certainly don't hurt that much looking back.

It turned out great for us. Not sure if we will be better off with Makar and Hughes with no 1C.