Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We will probably need solid goaltending again though.

I don't know how far our boys will go, but it doesn't get easier from here on. Only way we end up moving on in the playoffs is if we have a couple guys play absolutely heroic and Marky will have to be one of those guys. Our D is simply not good enough for him not to.

We won against the Blues during the season. We can again.

...but it may be a war of attrition. Blues are a big, heavy team. Not gonna matter if Marky plays well if we lose more key guys.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Or they wanted to give their starter a rest and let their backup get some game action?

Exactly so basically they would rather rest the starter vs “risk” playing the Canucks 

either way they don’t fear playing us 

perhaps we use this fact as motivation 

anyone else think binnington will feel a lot of pressure in round 1? 

he has to prove he isn't a one hit wonder playoff performer AND maybe be a try hard against Petey to prove something. 

he's a hot head too, we need Rous to get under his skin. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Exactly so basically they would rather rest the starter vs “risk” playing the Canucks 

This could be a good thing lol. Under estimate us. Doubt they are tho. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Reading too much into it.  Look at us and the joke of a franchise that Calgary is and think about who you'd rather face.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Binnington is so full of it, hopefully good guys will light him up big time...

I agree 

he is classless and his postings are nothing short of racist 

NHL says it wants to make a change? Where are the ramifications of those posts? 

karma will strike little Jordan 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Reading too much into it.  Look at us and the joke of a franchise that Calgary is and think about who you'd rather face.

That “Joke of a franchise” has won cups, knocked us out of the playoffs and just knocked out the Jets 

think they May be calling us a joke of a franchise?

Blues wanted us and now they have us 

all we can do is make them pay for it 

I mean, of all matchups, I really like this one.

The reason I like it though is because they're the defending champs. Nobody is really expecting the Canucks to go anywhere far this year, so just using this as a measuring stick will be a great thing for our young team. If they manage to beat these defending champs, then even greater to have that boost of confidence moving forward.

Canucks seemed to do fairly well against St Louis during the season for whatever reason. Dallas is one our team had a lot of problems with defensively. Although, St Louis is obviously built for the playoffs, and they had their amazing record this season without Tarasenko...and now they added him in.

I don't really know what to think of STL's round robin games. They didn't win a single one. I didn't watch them, although reading comments from Blues fans has many of them thinking that Canucks will beat them.

This is going to be interesting. STL is tough, but the Canucks showed against MIN that they won't back down and they will fight back physically.

9 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Opinions aren't facts.

What you say might be true, but it's all speculation.

4 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

We haven't lost in regulation against these guys in the last 2 regular seasons

Yeah, we match up really well against the Blues. Whereas Dallas has our number.

I was really happy to see the late goal and SO win by Dallas. Think we have a decent shot at this.

Just now, canuck2288 said:

That “Joke of a franchise” has won cups, knocked us out of the playoffs and just knocked out the Jets 

think they May be calling us a joke of a franchise?

Blues wanted us and now they have us 

all we can do is make them pay for it 

They won a cup based on a kicked puck that happened before most NHLers were even born, and they only beat the Jets due to injuries.  They have a top 6 full of gutless cowards like Monahan, Gaudreau, and Tkachuk, none of whom have shown any capability to conduct themselves like men on the ice.  Add in the fact that both their goalies are AHL quality and it's painfully obvious these frauds are going to be an easy win for the team lucky enough to play them.