Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

2 hours ago, xereau said:

Dubas should be canned for that hilarious travesty in Toronto.

At least fifteen million in overpayments, just in the last 2 years.

Has screwed parity in the league too. Can and blacklist his useless arse.

Another exciting season for the @leafsaredoingthistherightway-theCanucksdon’thaveaplan crowd.

7E7D4D30-1031-49D9-A403-BFB200F35661.jpeg

F3BA3573-EA0A-4CB0-9906-2162F975E188.png

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Beagle and Sutter lines were 'foundational' to that series win.  I thought that Hughes aside, Motte was the best player in that series - just a relentless shutdown force.  89.3% dzone starts and a corsi of 43.1%.... the 'bottom six' are looking as good as the team's was in the Malhotra/Sedin era imo.

Will need those two rolling again to hope to deal with St Louis - who are seriously deep down the middle.

I like Gaudette, but was disappointed to see the lineup in the first game against Minnesota.  He's a gamer and he's gonna be a solid NHLer, but I'm not sure he's ready to center a line in playoff hockey.

The team is better balanced - a stronger team with Sutter back in the middle -  with the Beagle/Motte combination, that one-two shutdown punch really complements the top 6 imo, take some load off / enables Horvat/Pearson, as well as the 649 line.

Looking forward to seeing them face the best team in the NHL in a playoff series - it'll be fun to watch and some great experience for the emerging young core.

well good too have you back oldnews, unless you have been lol and ive just been drinking too much during the games.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Beagle and Sutter lines were 'foundational' to that series win.  I thought that Hughes aside, Motte was the best player in that series - just a relentless shutdown force.  89.3% dzone starts and a corsi of 43.1%.... the 'bottom six' are looking as good as the team's was in the Malhotra/Sedin era imo.

Will need those two rolling again to hope to deal with St Louis - who are seriously deep down the middle.

I like Gaudette, but was disappointed to see the lineup in the first game against Minnesota.  He's a gamer and he's gonna be a solid NHLer, but I'm not sure he's ready to center a line in playoff hockey.

The team is better balanced - a stronger team with Sutter back in the middle -  with the Beagle/Motte combination, that one-two shutdown punch really complements the top 6 imo, take some load off / enables Horvat/Pearson, as well as the 649 line.

Looking forward to seeing them face the best team in the NHL in a playoff series - it'll be fun to watch and some great experience for the emerging young core.

Not an advanced stats guy, but it's obvious to the naked eye that Motte and Beagle were outstanding on the PK.  Beagle actually reminds me a lot of Malhotra, who a lot of people also thought was overpaid when we signed him.  Motte is like Burrows before he developed the offense.  Just absolutely no quit in that motor.  I would argue our 4th line is better than the 2011 team.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not an advanced stats guy, but it's obvious to the naked eye that Motte and Beagle were outstanding on the PK.  Beagle actually reminds me a lot of Malhotra, who a lot of people also thought was overpaid when we signed him.  Motte is like Burrows before he developed the offense.  Just absolutely no quit in that motor.  I would argue our 4th line is better than the 2011 team.

But...but...JB is an idiot. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

If we can tie up and shut down O’Reilly we have a sold chance. hit him every chance we get 

Perron had a solid season but he is getting up there in years and we need to make life tough for him as well 

in my mind, Tarasenko will be a wildcard. If he is healthy we will have our hands full 

the then there is schenn, tough player that can score 

Binnington played over his head last year, we can get to him 

Would assume O Reilly will be all over Pete he isn't the type of player to cross the line. It will be a good battle between those 2.

Fun fact, we’ve been in the same division as the Oilers since they came into the league, we are facing the Blues for the 4th time in the playoffs, we’ve only faced the Oilers twice. St Louis moves to 4th place behind Calgary 7, Los Angeles 5 and Chicago 5 in terms of how many times we’ve met in the playoffs 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Blues did not dress Binnington 

so basically they wanted us over facing the Flames 

interesting 

Interesting indeed. Interesting that the Blues decided to play Vlady Tarasenko today after sitting him against Vegas 

the other night. Interesting tanking strategy I’d say, not that I’m drawing any conclusions.

4 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Blues did not dress Binnington 

so basically they wanted us over facing the Flames 

interesting 

Binnington sucked for 3 games, .897 ga average. Jake Allen played great in the last game, 1 goal on 39 shots in reg. lost in ot.

• Vintage 2