Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

While I did really want to face off against Dallas, got to remember that for whatever reason they slammed us in the season series and had a lower GA than St Louis remarkably. I think despite their lack of a star defenceman, they play a very solid team defence (like Minnesota but much better) which will be hard to crack and will frustrate the Flames. On the other-hand, without Seguin they've showed that they really can't score goals in the round-robin.

Meanwhile, the Blues limp into the series win-less and Binnington got shelled. They were one of the best home teams so without home-ice advantage things might be a bit different. Obviously they're the Champs and can turn it on at any point but holefully the Canucks can catch them before they get a chance and get a few wins in and break their spirits. We won the season series and I think we've won the last 3 playoff series against the Blues. Of course they were completely different teams but for whatever reason, we matchup well against them. Let's hope that continues. They took loads of penalties in the round-robin so hopefully our PP gets some good looks as well. Their powerplay is solid as well (I think top 5) so I think the PP and goaltending will decide this series. Let's just hope Marky + Hughes > Peitrangelo + Binnington.

To be honest, we were never going to beat the Avs or Vegas and go through to the Finals so we might as well play the best in St. Louis and win or lose, will be great experience for the kids. However, if there's ever a chance for the 7th seed to beat the 1st seed it's now.

• Thanks 3

Well who cares at some point you have to see what your team is made of. 

Pretty cool actually that the Canucks get the Blues. 

It’s like getting to fight the title fight (final boss) without having to go through all the hassel of beating lesser opponents. There is no athlete that doesn’t want that shot to prove themselves. Here it is. This will be a war.

I’m sticking with Canucks. !  Faster and younger vrs Heavier and more experienced. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

One advantage the Canucks have going in is that they've played a Blues-lite in Minny in a playoff series. The Blues will be playing in their first playoff-like experience while this will be our 2nd.

If the Canucks come out strong out of the gate they can catch the Blues sleeping and steal a game or two before the Blues find their feet. A key factor will be Marky though, if he plays well we will be able to do that.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, kloubek said:

I don't know how far our boys will go, but it doesn't get easier from here on. Only way we end up moving on in the playoffs is if we have a couple guys play absolutely heroic and Marky will have to be one of those guys. Our D is simply not good enough for him not to.

We won against the Blues during the season. We can again.

...but it may be a war of attrition. Blues are a big, heavy team. Not gonna matter if Marky plays well if we lose more key guys.

Wish we had a healthy Ferland.  

• Cheers 1

The key factor of the winner of this series - Marky and Binnington.  Who could back to hot early?

Marky gets few days rest, with the assistance of coach team, I have confidence that he will be hot in Game 1 and Game 2.

I also think that Marky should get rest in the first or second game of the BTB game.

Blue's goalie - Binnington, honestly I dont know why he drops a lot in the last round.  Hoping our forwarders could take this opportunity, and we win the series.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bertorama said:

Well who cares at some point you have to see what your team is made of. 

Pretty cool actually that the Canucks get the Blues. 

It’s like getting to fight the title fight (final boss) without having to go through all the hassel of beating lesser opponents. There is no athlete that doesn’t want that shot to prove themselves. Here it is. This will be a war.

I’m sticking with Canucks. !  Faster and younger vrs Heavier and more experienced. 

Rocky.......