Canucks Community

WCQF: (4) St. Louis Blues vs. (5) Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/14/2020 at 10:30 PM

56 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“I’ve talked to Mysie... he’s not a guy that’s known for taking a ton of minor penalties. He’s a big guy. We’re asking our team to up its compete level... do I think he should have 9 minors right now? No I don’t... I think he’s been unlucky with a few calls.” - Green on Myers

With the way how easy the Wild players went down that series, I thought I was watching an Olympic diving team.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I think that is a fundamental mischaracterization and reduction of AV's coaching focus.

AV's teams excelled in a complete way - you simply don't lead the NHL in scoring, give up the fewest goals in the league, and have the best powerplay and penalty killing by reductively depending on 'special teams' alone (or 'discipline')..  AV's 5 on 5 systems were excellent - the team's execution was not simply a matter of special teams reliance.  The team did have a few (natural ) limits - but what they really did not and could not account for were the moving goalposts  - of an NHL cycling back and forth between modern rules and old school whistle-free hockey.

Ok.  That’s your view.  My view is he did rely on special teams and a very disciplined system (we were number one  in PP and close to number one in PK when we were at the top right?)... I also think an average coach could have ran that team and done just fine too.   I’m not trying to “move goalposts” but I can’t help wondering if his teams were opened up a little as far as relying on special teams (which they most definitely did) how things could have ended up a little differently.  AV like MG walked into some good situations.  We still didn’t win did we?

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. I guess embellishment calls aren’t happening anymore?

I think a lot of the soft calls are going to be let go now we are in the playoffs. Hopefully myers can get away with a bit more and he plays smarter. 

Just now, Slegr said:

Man I wish we got Dallas. They seem so much more beatable right now. Calgary is giving it to them.

Calgary is a good matchup for them. That series will get nasty in a couple of games I am thinking. I thought Dallas' speed would really pin in the flames but the flames systems are fantastic. 

Props to them and their coach. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

And people are giving me confused faces when I say Calgary got gifted a series. 

So far I'm right.

Early much? Saying they were gifted is a bit of a stretch, Dallas is a good team.

Through 1 period out of a 7 game series, yes you are right so far. Still have 6.5 games left to go

• Cheers 1