The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 12th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G1

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Luongo had a clause in his contract where he didn’t have to play back-to-back games on the road if he didn’t want."

Interesting lol.

Don't really like "clauses" that meddle coach's decisions..

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Refs missed the Roussel nut shot and Sutter being cross checked in the face. They have to make those call

Stop turning to the refs to make the call. They don't call everything in the playoffs! How many times do we do this song and dance.

In the playoffs the refs out their whistles away, we need to handle our business.

They're slashing Marky and we're not doing anything, we get in their goalies face and they rough our guys up. Gotta pay it back.

• Vintage 2

Ok so were not hitting anymore? SL is just allowed to hack and chop and check and we do nothing?

Time for Myers to take some penalties, I KNEW the whining and bytching about the penalties would

cause our team toughness to crawl inside its shell of safety. FFS we need to stop letting teams

dictate the physical play. 

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hughes is legit better than Dahlin imho. This kid is going to be an absolute stud!

Hear that fun fact about him being the 1st rookie defenseman to lead all rookies in points since 1944?

1944!!!!

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Like 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Vanuckles said:

Stop turning to the refs to make the call. They don't call everything in the playoffs! How many times do we do this song and dance.

In the playoffs the refs out their whistles away, we need to handle our business.

They're slashing Marky and we're not doing anything, we get in their goalies face and they rough our guys up. Gotta pay it back.

Exactly. Losers complain. Winners win.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Luongo had a clause in his contract where he didn’t have to play back-to-back games on the road if he didn’t want."

If that’s true I wouldn’t want a princess like that on my team.

• Haha 1

Just now, Shirotashi said:

Ok so were not hitting anymore? SL is just allowed to hack and chop and check and we do nothing?

Time for Myers to take some penalties, I KNEW the whining and bytching about the penalties would

cause our team toughness to crawl inside its shell of safety. FFS we need to stop letting teams

dictate the physical play. 

EXACTLY

3 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Problem is when we do that we get called for it. The call on Roussel was a reputation call. If Roussel did that to Brouwer thats 2 mins for sure. The refs haven't been consistent. I have no clue whats a penalty and what isn't.

Edited by Outsiders
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

They only showed one replay, but he stuck his elbow out, and it was from the blindside after Sutter didn't have the puck.  

At least a fine.  If that connects, we could have another Marc Savard case...  and the message should be that players should be accountable for their hits, injury or not. 

Ah I missed it then.