The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 12th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G1

Rate this topic

Roberts

Never thought I'd say Tanev has been the reason we aren't winning this game. Pettersson has been really good so far. Really good sign I kind of had a feeling hed get shutdown like the Sedins in the playoffs, but hes showing he can play in these brutal NHL playoffs

If we win this game Tanev better be picking up the bill for supper tm!

Damn, every second post is about the officiating.  Let it go guys, enjoy the game.  Yeah refs swallowed their whistles on a couple of plays but it's not going to get any better as we go throughout the playoffs.  Just have to fight through it and take the punishment, also dish it out.  That's what the playoffs are all about.  

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Posts don't count as shots on net.

It doesn't make any sense, I agree.

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I think it makes perfect sense.  It's an impressive miss, but it was never going in and the goalie didn't stop it.  It was never headed into the net.

It's definitely an interesting discussion whether the NHL should count those as a "shot" as well. I'm fine either way, but there are scenarios where the puck hits the post and goes in which counts as a "shot."