The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

What a great game, really brought my spirits higher. Love our team. Thank you boys!

@RWMc1 you responded in the GDT so I wanted to tag you here. She did, though not with words. I would very slowly close my eyes and then open them to see her doing the same right back every time without fail. I was told by someone that slowly closing the eyes in cat language means I love you. No idea if that’s true or not, but it was never a blink, always only a slow satisfied close, which is how I knew it meant something. My condolences to your loss as well, she sounds wonderful. Always hard to lose a pet.

• Like 1

Will give a lot of credit to Green, he seems to have learnt and adapted to playoff hockey from the games against Minnesota. 

I do have my doubts about him still, but if he continues to grow then that is good.  I do think though he still needs some better support coaches though 

13 minutes ago, mordekai said:

People are still whining about losing the 1st round pick for JT on twitter

this is insane 

Jake needs to play like a younger ferland 

at the time it looked like over payment, but anyone who still things that needs to re-evaluate things.

im often critical but not because I don’t support the team, I get behind them and cheer them on. I’m critical because I like to look and evaluate and see how things could be improved and you need to know what isn’t working to do that. I then enjoy discussing that with people.

but I think whichever way you look at it the Miller trade really worked out and his play, leadership and experiance is really helping this team grow 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

These guys have gone through a lot together as a team....Brock/Duke's deal...Stech and Marky's Dads.  Ferland's situation.   And now..Covid.

I feel like this team is reallllllllly tight.  Not just once they hit the ice...but in a "got your back" off the ice way too.  Quality individuals...integrity is a huge part of this club.

Just want to add the fact that now they are all in a hub city bubble together, being away from their family, they are each other's family right now. I think this is an advantage for a tight group of guys like this one.

• Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Will give a lot of credit to Green, he seems to have learnt and adapted to playoff hockey from the games against Minnesota. 

I do have my doubts about him still, but if he continues to grow then that is good.  I do think though he still needs some better support coaches though 

Our 5 on 5 was ineffective through the season - possibly due to the defensive systems he and his staff run. Then to lose the 1st playin game and not adapt *again* when it really counted had me seriously wondering if he was capable of taking this team to the next level.

But then he adjusted the game to suit playing against the Wild and it worked in a big way. I think we are using much the same strategy with the Blues. I feel he is still learning as a coach, tbh - but if nothing else he seems to have nearly complete buy-in from the players and that is huge.

But this is only one game. The Blues have the elements to do better. They are not running on all cylinders yet and if they play like they can I will be interested to see how Green draws up his battle plan.

1 hour ago, Dano.Canuck said:

Sheesh, tough crowd here. We just beat the defending Stanley Cup champions and looked good doing it. Perfect? No but we looked great! This is a young team just stretching their legs. Lots of room to grow. 

We also got the addd bonus of Habs losing! 

Never criticize a win

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

at the time it looked like over payment, but anyone who still things that needs to re-evaluate things.

im often critical but not because I don’t support the team, I get behind them and cheer them on. I’m critical because I like to look and evaluate and see how things could be improved and you need to know what isn’t working to do that. I then enjoy discussing that with people.

but I think whichever way you look at it the Miller trade really worked out and his play, leadership and experiance is really helping this team grow 

Yes it looked liked overpayment but compared to the deals in TDL, Miller was a steal. I don't think TB would've traded him, or asked for more, if they knew Miller was capable of being an 80-90 pt player which he was his pace this season

41 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Okay folks, this is my third time posting In this thread, lol. But I thought I’d rant before I go to sleep. 

I was just watching coverage on TSN for the Canucks win, and there is like 2 or 3 videos from today. And there are like 7 or 8 on the Laffs!!!???? 

Honestly doesn’t surprise me, but seriously TSN? Can you please take a moment to stop talking about that pathetic failure of a franchise literally days after their elimination?? We DONT care about them. How about you talk about how the up and coming Canadian team on the West Coast that beat the defending champs?

TSN is a Laff loving joke of a network.

G’night y’all. 

Not really suprised, its the last bit of Leafs highlights they'll be seeing this season, unless they start getting footage of them hitting the links

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Jake was the only disappointment tonight. Does he not understand the opportunity that is basically gifted to him due to injuries? No way he’s in the lineup if TT73 or Ferkland are healthy. So underwhelming tonight. Probably the most lacklustre effort in his career thus far. 

Yup, Jake has been the weakest skater we have the last few games, thats including D-men. It seems everyone is contributing except for him

4 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I have read mixed reviews of Jake and based on the stats, he wasn't that good but anyone can give me a fair review on him? But based on the games I watched during the qualifying round, he was fine, not his regular season self but fine. How was he today?

There were no mixed reviews on Jake.  He was invisible.  And for a player of his size, speed and potential physicality, he should never be invisible in the playoffs.  He does nothing for this team and should be permanently replaced by MacEwen in the lineup ASAP.

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

I have read mixed reviews of Jake and based on the stats, he wasn't that good but anyone can give me a fair review on him? But based on the games I watched during the qualifying round, he was fine, not his regular season self but fine. How was he today?

Basically stapled to the bench after the first period.  Had 1 shot from the slot which was a decent opportunity, but he basically floated around and showed a lack of intensity hence why he probably rode the pine most of the rest of the game.