The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I actually just noticed this but on that 2nd goal we gave up Hughes actually tried using his stick to push Tanev ahead and actually ended up making Tanev stumble.

That goal was mostly on Hughes since, if you watch the play, Tanev looked like he was gonna be able to check Schwartz until Hughes made him stumble. It was a misplay on Hughes's part.

Huggy played a good game regardless but I gotta put blame where it's due.

I noticed that too, didnt he do that once with success last year in an overtime game?

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Schmutzhaken said:

homer simpson death GIF

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

And that's a bad thing to be banned out of a oiler fan site? 

And rightfully so. That's trolling ... 

good job though, are you Tyler Myers, hiding in the closet?

image.jpeg.424d8dce48e91b10737044a3b9752240.jpeg

Edited by Gawdzukes

Awesome win!  This is the one game we needed to win if we wanted a chance to win this series in my opinion.  St. Louis looked better (compared to RR), and had many opportunities.  Hopefully it will take them a couple more games to shake off their cobwebs.

Bo Horvat had a helluva game.  His second goal was tremendous.  Markstrom played really well, made a few big saves.  Hughes really stood out for me, I'm incredibly thankful he's a Canuck.

Overall, the boys played a pretty good game.  Got to tighten some things up, and carry this momentum into Friday!

Go Canucks Go. :canucks:

Edited by BoKnows

7 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Awesome win!  This is the one game we needed to win if we wanted a chance to win this series in my opinion.  St. Louis looked better (compared to RR), and had many opportunities.  Hopefully it will take them a couple more games to shake off their cobwebs.

Bo Horvat had a helluva game.  His second goal was tremendous.  Markstrom played really well, made a few big saves.  Hughes really stood out for me, I'm incredibly thankful he's a Canuck.

Overall, the boys played a pretty good game.  Got to tighten some things up, and carry this momentum into Friday!

Go Canucks Go. :canucks:

Hrudey knows as much about hockey as I know about flying an airplane, and my left nut, which I know nothing about.

St. Louis positives: They got their hits on EP40 and Hughes. That hit on Hughes in the 3rd looked like it hurt him. The Blues know they have to keep this up. They also had many shifts with extended TOI in the Van d-zone. At critical times their shots were missed. Beagle's hand must be bothering him as his FO % was was down. 

Canucks had a number of standout players. Overall solid effort. I particularly liked many of their rushes thru the neutral zone. Their lateral movement once gaining the blue line was impressive. Hughes is such an outstanding skater. They will really go after him next game. Pearson just does a lot of solid play. The PP was intimidating. Puck movement excellent. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Okay folks, this is my third time posting In this thread, lol. But I thought I’d rant before I go to sleep. 

I was just watching coverage on TSN for the Canucks win, and there is like 2 or 3 videos from today. And there are like 7 or 8 on the Laffs!!!???? 

Honestly doesn’t surprise me, but seriously TSN? Can you please take a moment to stop talking about that pathetic failure of a franchise literally days after their elimination?? We DONT care about them. How about you talk about how the up and coming Canadian team on the West Coast that beat the defending champs?

TSN is a Laff loving joke of a network.

G’night y’all. 

TSN Front Page  

lk99dBX.png    

edit: whoa, what happened to auto image resizing around this joint?

Edited by Green Building

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I didn't get to watch the game, so I'm genuinely asking here - how was Jake a disappointment tonight? 

I think as the above poster mentioned, he flew by at least 2 hits tonight. This is the type of game he should excel. Big fast physical game but he was rather pedestrian. He has the speed to get in and blow up their players but didn't engage. Rest of his game was fine