The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I think as the above poster mentioned, he flew by at least 2 hits tonight. This is the type of game he should excel. Big fast physical game but he was rather pedestrian. He has the speed to get in and blow up their players but didn't engage. Rest of his game was fine

If Toff is back soon he is at risk of losing his spot on the roster.

yes he hasn’t had much ice time to showcase but what he has had, he hasn’t excelled with (apart from the back check against the wild)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Battlemonger said:

The team is looking real good. Hughes is the best defenseman in the league right now. And Sutter? What happened? He's on fire.

Hughes is one of the best offensive/puck moving  D men at the moment. Wouldn’t say best overall. He still gets sheltered defensive duties.

Sutter is just living up to his name and gone into the playoff zone 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

to my eyes Jake's game last night was more suited to Stars On Ice than NHL playoffs...

Yip. Kid just doesn't want to mature. If OJ can be a player, he seems to be headed in the right direction now, it will lessen the sting of the first round disappointment of Jake. Good chance Seattle takes him as I doubt we waste our time protecting him. Too many let downs with Jake vs the great moments.

36 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Thanks, I'll fight 'em even harder now.

Me too. Trade Horvat? Good gawd this is a tough crowd here. The guy is 25, coming on like a freight train and a good capt. He’s basically has his entire career in front of him with unknown highs. The Canucks would be foolish to trade him. He needs to stay part of the young nucleus going forward and take the cap hit but filing in with veterans as the roster moves take place. 

• Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I think some people believe the trade bo crowd are bo haters, when a lot of them were suggesting it due to cap and likelihood of good return

maybe if we're really lucky in that trade we can find a guy who could be a solid two way C and future captain. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

now for the media’s favorite whipping boy... Jake Virtanen.... had some nice hard hits and there was a particular play last night that stood out to me, which was where he took away a grade A scoring chance, when the pass came back door and Virtanen read the play from the top of the circle, dropped down low got stick out and took the pass away.

Yay he did one thing right while the rest of the team skated their guts out. What a waste of talent.

10 minutes ago, Dano.Canuck said:

Me too. Trade Horvat? Good gawd this is a tough crowd here. The guy is 25, coming on like a freight train and a good capt. He’s basically has his entire career in front of him with unknown highs. The Canucks would be foolish to trade him. He needs to stay part of the young nucleus going forward and take the cap hit but filing in with veterans as the roster moves take place. 

Some of the hot takes this fanbase has makes me wonder if lead paint is leaching into our water.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, I got a noise complaint from the neighbors. So sorry my happiness offends you.

I'll move if my cheering for the Canucks offends you.

Vancouver here I come.

LOL. Awesome!  I am expecting one.....my managers live above me.

16 minutes ago, Dano.Canuck said:

I spend a lot of time around here and don’t recall too much chatter about trading Bo.  

Now that we are out of that ditch how about our depth and speed.  We have some guys that will abuse that Faulk and Dunn pairing.  Can’t wait for game 2!

45 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. Kid just doesn't want to mature. If OJ can be a player, he seems to be headed in the right direction now, it will lessen the sting of the first round disappointment of Jake. Good chance Seattle takes him as I doubt we waste our time protecting him. Too many let downs with Jake vs the great moments.

Hopefully we can trade rather then lose him at the draft (if JB decides his time is up) However for him if that does happen it might be the kick up the arse he needed to wake up and realise he is drifting and wasting his talent

Edited by UKNuck96