Matt Martin

Mike Hoffman

Alex Galchenyuk

Erik Gustafsson

Pat Maroon

Sami Vatenen 

Braden Holtby

Robin Lehner

To think if Canucks could somehow shed Sutter,Beagle,Roussel,Baer,Eriksson,Benn,Ferland(LTIR) thats rougly 24.6 Million

Like to see your guys predictions. What team and how much. 

Is it time to trade a guy like roussel for a matt martin

Roussel 3m x 1 left show sign of slowing down and no bite left . Waste of pp and no pk

Martin sign 1.5-2m x 2y can play on bottom 6 + pk show that we need a guy who play hard heavy game on a team like the Vegas series 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

28 minutes ago, Monkeyking said:

Is it time to trade a guy like roussel for a matt martin

Roussel 3m x 1 left show sign of slowing down and no bite left . Waste of pp and no pk

Martin sign 1.5-2m x 2y can play on bottom 6 + pk show that we need a guy who play hard heavy game on a team like the Vegas series 

I Like Matt Martin. NYI probably resign him but hopefully not. 

Canucks will have to shed a lot of salary, but I'd like to see something like this:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Dadonov - Horvat - Toffoli

Motte -  Janmark - Gaudette

Martin - Clifford - MacEwen

Lind

Edler - Pietrangelo

Dillon - Hughes

Fantenberg - Myers

Juolevi

Out (somehow) - Pearson, Roussel, Sutter, Beagle, Virtanen, Eriksson, Leivo, Ferland, Tanev, Stecher, Benn

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks will have to shed a lot of salary, but I'd like to see something like this:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Dadonov - Horvat - Toffoli

Motte -  Janmark - Gaudette

Martin - Clifford - MacEwen

Lind

Edler - Pietrangelo

Dillon - Hughes

Fantenberg - Myers

Juolevi

Out (somehow) - Pearson, Roussel, Sutter, Beagle, Virtanen, Eriksson, Leivo, Ferland, Tanev, Stecher, Benn

Pietrangelo gonna be pricy 

9 hours ago, Pears said:

I came up with this earlier and I think it’s relatively realistic given the current circumstances

F4675FE5-1D11-4CDF-B8D7-03B38D879119.png

Most of this is unrealistic. But I really like the idea of targeting Cernak. Think he's exactly the type of player the team needs, and with Tampa's cap issues his RFA rights could conceivably be available.

That said, I also think your suggested package to land him is an overpayment.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Most of this is unrealistic. But I really like the idea of targeting Cernak. Think he's exactly the type of player the team needs, and with Tampa's cap issues his RFA rights could conceivably be available.

Tampa only has 3 Ds under contract for next season - Hedman, McDonagh and Coburn.  Sergachev and Cernak are RFAs.  Would think they have every intention to re-sign their RFAs and move players up front rather than on D.  

Edited by mll

4 hours ago, mll said:

Tampa only has 3 Ds under contract for next season - Hedman, McDonagh and Coburn.  Sergachev and Cernak are RFAs.  Would think they have every intention to re-sign their RFAs and move players up front rather than on D.  

They may not really have a choice. They only have $5.3M of cap room for next year, and also have to sign Cirelli, and replace five other UFAs (so really, they don’t have room yet to sign even 1 of those RFAs).

They’ll likely move Killorn (whose NTC changes to a 16-team no-trade list), which will create room for 1 RFA. But the rest of the forwards all have full NTCs, except Kucherov & Point. Perhaps they can manage to convince a Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, or Gourde to waive, but it’s going to be tough. Will they manage to force more than 1 to waive?

They will probably be forced to trade at least one RFA, and Cernak is the least essential of the 3. Unless, of course, management convinces the RFAs to take cheaper 1-year deals, to take them to the point where Johnson and Palat’s clauses are modified.

Edited by D-Money

17 minutes ago, D-Money said:

They may not really have a choice. They only have $5.3M of cap room for next year, and also have to sign Cirelli, and replace five other UFAs (so really, they don’t have room yet to sign even 1 of those RFAs).

They’ll likely move Killorn (whose NTC changes to a 16-team no-trade list), which will create room for 1 RFA. But the rest of the forwards all have full NTCs, except Kucherov & Point. Perhaps they can manage to convince a Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, or Gourde to waive, but it’s going to be tough. Will they manage to force more than 1 to waive?

They will probably be forced to trade at least one RFA, and Cernak is the least essential of the 3. Unless, of course, management convinces the RFAs to take cheaper 1-year deals, to take them to the point where Johnson and Palat’s clauses are modified.

A lineup is still 6Ds though and Cooper actually likes to go with 7.   They might have to part with a major piece up front but I don't see how they'd just tear down their D-corps.  

5 hours ago, D-Money said:

Cernak isn’t gonna come cheap I’ll tell you that. I think Tampa would want at least what they’d be getting in my proposal to even consider moving him. 

On 9/7/2020 at 3:36 PM, Patrick Jane said:

Thoughts on Matt Martin?

I’d be glad if Benning signed him. He’s a tough customer that hits to hurt and can act as a deterrent. He knows his role and does it well, holding the record for most hits in a season. 

His age is a bit of an issue, but he’s essentially the same age as Roussel. However he’s larger (6’3” 220 lbs) and more aggressive without being a pest. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 9/5/2020 at 4:22 PM, Patrick Jane said:

Dustin Byfuglein - Minnesota 

Alex Pietrangelo - St. Louis 

Taylor Hall - Calgary

Mikeal Granlund - Colorado 

Justin Shultz - Edmonton

Tyson Barrie - Edmonton 

Torey Krug - Toronto

Evgeni Dadonov - San Jose

Matt Martin - Vancouver

Mike Hoffman - Toronto

Alex Galchenyuk - LA

Erik Gustafsson - Ottawa 

Pat Maroon - Florida

Sami Vatenen - Nashville 

Braden Holtby - Edmonton 

Robin Lehner - Vegas

To think if Canucks could somehow shed Sutter,Beagle,Roussel,Baer,Eriksson,Benn,Ferland(LTIR) thats rougly 24.6 Million

Like to see your guys predictions. What team and how much. 

Merely predicting where the FAs end up. No salary projections. 

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Merely predicting where the FAs end up. No salary projections. 

Krug to Toronto.... jose christo I hope not. They'll have to find a taker for Nylander. 

If the Canucks are going to spend this year somehow, I don't mind the idea of Martin but I wonder what he's got left in the tank.