The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Canucks and Red Wings

vannuck59

To the Canucks,  Filip Zadina and Moritz Seider 

To the Red Wings. Thatcher Demko, Jake Virtanen, Jack Rathbone and Troy Stecher.

What we get a goal scoring top 6 player in Zadina and a 6 foot 3 top 4 right handed Deman.

What Detroit gets is a top goalie for the future a top 6 right winger 20 goal scorer a top 4 d man and another Right handed Deman that can play now.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

To the Red Wings. Thatcher Demko, Jake Virtanen, Jack Rathbone and Troy Stecher.

What we get a goal scoring top 6 player in Zadina and a 6 foot 3 top 4 right handed Deman.

What Detroit gets is a top goalie for the future a top 6 right winger 20 goal scorer a top 4 d man and another Right handed Deman that can play now.

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Wings would say no to that, but I do have a counter proposal which I think might be more fair and one that Detroit may accept.

To Detroit:  Podkolzin + Demko

To Vancouver:  Seider + Detroit’s top goaltending prospect

The Wings get an upgrade of their goaltending prospect pool while the Canucks get a prospect that fills a more long term pressing need for us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Wings would say no to that, but I do have a counter proposal which I think might be more fair and one that Detroit may accept.

The Wings get an upgrade of their goaltending prospect pool while the Canucks get a prospect that fills a more long term pressing need for us.

This is probably what it would take, and really it’s not a fair deal for us - Podz and Seider are close to equal prospect value in themselves...just one is a RHD, the other a winger.   Their goalie prospects are worse then MD which says a lot. 

Edited by IBatch

If we want Zadina and Seider - think Podz, Hogs, Demko and OJ.    That’s fair value.   Podz is close to both in prospect value - it’s anyone’s guess who will be the BPA, Hogs isn’t - but still has crept to around 28th best in the world so definitely has value too.  Demko - he’s worth a mid first rounder .  OJ is a third pairing guy for sure with some upside to do better.    Would sure load up their quantity of players with some decent to great quality too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Value is probably close...but if Detroit really wanted Podkolzin they would have drafted him instead of going a little off the board with Seider.  Yzerman really like him and I don't think Demko bring enough value to him  to make that move.

Detroit is so bad right now, that even bringing Marty Brodeur in his prime wouldn't change anything for now.  They stick with Seider IMO

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

tbh I don't see how the trade makes us better, or that Stevie Y gives up on his big gamble on a  true #1 RHD with size (the rarest of player skill sets these days).

If Demko is on the table I think we can get Detroit to take him and Loui and maybe get a prospect or pick back. With the cap space we can then improve on our d group without losing any other prospects. 

I mentioned this on a different thread.

Demko + LE

for

2nd 2020.

Canucks get shed money (cap space) and get a 2nd round draft pick back.

Wings get their future goalie to build around with their young core.

Not saying I would do this.  But this trade seems to make the most sense to me (IMO).

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

to DET:  Virtanen and Benn

to VAN:  Bertuzzi

Bertuzzi already has 2 seasons at 21 goals (in just over 70 games) and just a few points short of 50.  Not sure Detroit would even do Virtanen for Bertuzzi.

Edited by mll

I proposed awhile back

Podkolzin 

Tryamkin 

Goldy rights

For

Seider

Now, with the canucks out of the playoffs and knowing a few things.

Ferland is done?

Jv gone

Stecher gone

Package of the 3 russians +/- Stecher or Virtanen 

For Rasmussen + Seider

Would you do it?

Miller Pettersson Toffoli 

Pearson Horvat Boeser 

Rasmussen Sutter Gaudette 

Motte Beagle Roussel 

Macewan

Hughes Tanev

Edler Seider

Benn Oj

Rafferty 

Demko 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

I mentioned this on a different thread.

Demko + LE

for

2nd 2020.

Canucks get shed money (cap space) and get a 2nd round draft pick back.

Wings get their future goalie to build around with their young core.

Not saying I would do this.  But this trade seems to make the most sense to me (IMO).

Realistically, I think it would be Demko + Eriksson for a 6th or a 7th.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mll said:

Bertuzzi already has 2 seasons at 21 goals (in just over 70 games) and just a few points short of 50.  Not sure Detroit would even do Virtanen for Bertuzzi.

Hey, we brought in his uncle on a steal, why not do it for his nephew?  Anything is possible :lol:

2 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I proposed awhile back

Podkolzin 

Tryamkin 

Goldy rights

For

Seider

Now, with the canucks out of the playoffs and knowing a few things.

Ferland is done?

Jv gone

Stecher gone

Package of the 3 russians +/- Stecher or Virtanen 

For Rasmussen + Seider

Would you do it?

Miller Pettersson Toffoli 

Pearson Horvat Boeser 

Rasmussen Sutter Gaudette 

Motte Beagle Roussel 

Macewan

Hughes Tanev

Edler Seider

Benn Oj

Rafferty 

Demko 

I would do it but I think Yzerman *really* loves Seider.   He’s basically to Detroit what Hughes is to us.    

If the Canucks are thinking about RD’s, I like to see if we can get in on this year’s draft and draft Braden Schneider.    My hope is that we can sign Toffoli while Virtanen punches us a ticket into the draft where we’d then draft Schneider.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I would do it but I think Yzerman *really* loves Seider.   He’s basically to Detroit what Hughes is to us.    

If the Canucks are thinking about RD’s, I like to see if we can get in on this year’s draft and draft Braden Schneider.    My hope is that we can sign Toffoli while Virtanen punches us a ticket into the draft where we’d then draft Schneider.

We’d need at least a mid first rounder to get a chance on this ... 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

We’d need at least a mid first rounder to get a chance on this ... 

Yeah - if we’re thinking mid first rounder, then it might require Virtanen plus a small add (2021 2nd?).    I could see Virtanen by himself landing a low 1st, but a mid first might be too big an ask.