Singh13

[Rumour] Toffoli deal getting close at 4 years $5 million+

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Benning must be up to something, regarding clearing cap

He has 16M to work with, it’s not like he is completely tapped out. I’m sure he has some other moves in addition to that...

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

That’s a pretty fair deal for Toffoli if true. I’m on board with it!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

He has 16M to work with, it’s not like he is completely tapped out. I’m sure he has some other moves in addition to that...

Yeah, but he has a lot of players to re-sign. It's strange that the Toffoli deal seems almost done, yet no word on Markstrom. I thought Marky was the priority. Maybe some of the free agents are just being let go? I hope VAN can keep Fantenberg. 

• Vintage 2

So Markstrom wasn't priority #1 after all.

Fair deal IMO...4 years for a pending UFA is awesome job by Benning if true, with a decent cap hit.  

Edit: #sarcasm, apparently wasn’t obvious 

Edited by timberz21
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No clauses....... hopefully no clauses.........please no clauses.......

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Fair deal IMO...4 years for a pending UFA is awesome job by Benning if true, with a decent cap hit.  

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Or maybe the negotiations are just going much easier with Toffoli. Negotiating one deal doesn’t prevent them from negotiating on another 

I expect Markstrom wants to test the market to use as leverage in contract negotiations with the Canucks to ensure he gets fair value in his contract. ..  

• Hydration 1

If we sign him and add Podkolzin, Hoglander in the near future watch out! This team will be a force.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

IMO no matter how much management expressed the desire to keep Markstrom... Demko's performance undeniably showed that he is capable of being a #1.

5 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Unfortunately for Benning, his haters will bash on him no matter what happens

If he lets Toffoli walk, then people will be angry at him for paying Madden and a second for about 12 games of healthy Toffoli.

If he signs Toffoli, then people will be clamouring about the cap hit when Petey and Hughes need contracts next year.

I like Toffoli and I think he solidifies our top 6.

I don’t get that thinking from people, Canucks have 20+ million coming off the books at the end of next season. They’ll have plenty of cap space to resign players. The team won’t even be the same come the end of next season once again, I imagine some of the prospects will end up taking spots from older players and we’ll have a few more ELC on the team.

Edited by Petey40
  • Thanks 1
  • Burr 1

5 minutes ago, Maginator said:

IMO no matter how much management expressed the desire to keep Markstrom... Demko's performance undeniably showed that he is capable of being a #1.

Yep. Demko showed that he has the focus to be the starter.

We go with Demko + a veteran tender at around 4 mil for next season.

Then, Demko takes over the season after as the starter.

If Marky is asking for anything north of 6 or he insists on NMC/NTC, I think we just have to walk away. It's a sad reality to have to see a player that your team developed for so many years leave via UFA. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1